It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User
what is the best prescription muscle relaxer for constant leg cramps at night?

I am not sure if I have fibromyalgia, but I definitely have some of the symptoms. My leg cramps have become worse at night. I stretch them after I exercise. I drink a lot of water. I eat bananas etc...
I have to use an electric massager on them before bed every single night and even then I still get twitches and spasms in bed and have popped up with a painful cramp in my shins or ankle and it SCARES me! I have popped my ankle trying to walk while having one because it makes me panic. I am SO tired of this. I see my doc today and I really need a good STRONG muscle relaxer. I took flexeril 10 mg the past few nights and it didn't help much. Is there anything else that I could use long term? Or can docs give out 20 mg of Flexiril?
I take supplements-- calcium, magnesium. I eat fairly healthy and I exercise regularly. I stretch after I workout, always. But I am scared to go to sleep at night!! I also clench my teeth pretty bad so I know a muscle relaxer will help with that as well. Anyways, I want this doc visit to be a good one- I want to walk away knowing I have been helped, so any thoughts as to what meds have worked great .. I would appreciate it. thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

HoneyBee9 HB User
Re: what is the best prescription muscle relaxer for constant leg cramps at night?

I get leg cramps also, had a friend tell me to drink Tonic water before bed? Seemed to help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply