It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

LottaNaLynx HB User
Maybe Fibro?

I have been having this hip joint/pelvic/I don't know what to call it pain for over two years now, it comes and goes, it's severe and sharp or dull and achy, ice and Aleve seem to help it. It used to be only when I was sitting then lately it happens sometimes when I am moving. I have noticed over the last couple months, I have these weird achy pains that seem right under my skin on my chest right above my breasts. I also have elbow and sometimes knee pain. Oddly enough I have also experienced right side pain in my lower right back and lower right abdomen and side. It's sometimes on the left but mostly on the right. I have also have these weird pains between my shoulder blades and in my shoulder (mostly right) and my elbows, it is just getting worse it seems. I do not have a gall bladder and the doctors say my appendix is okay. I am getting really frustrated because yesterday (March 11, 2013) marked the two year date of my hip joint/pelvic pain. I have seen my regular doctor, a chiro, a PT, a pain clinic doctor, a urologist, and more. I was recently diagnosed with severe depression. I lost about 15 pounds in a month. I also had that weird coughy flu that went around Dec 31-January 5 then I had the cough for six weeks and it went away and recently in the last two weeks came back. We have had crazy weather and it's dry. I am so tired of going from doctor to doctor to doctor and not getting any answers. It's definitely worrisome, I have a husband and a four year old daughter. I am only 24 years old will be 25 in May. I want some answers and I seem to not find them around here. Any suggestions? Sorry for my rant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
(female)

Samfire HB User
Re: Maybe Fibro?

Hi there. I'm new to this forum and only recently got a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia after 20 years. To be honest, from my personal experience (and getting paranoid that people think I'm a hypochondriac) I had numerous complaints, tests, medications, co-morbid disorders coexisting together, that so many symptoms seem to overlap with each other - I don't think fibro is an easy thing to diagnose, without first ruling out other possible health issues first - not that I'm an expert on Fibro by any means - just reading up on it as I only got my diagnosis in the last few days!!!!

I was also very young (early 20's) when my symptoms really started to kick in and cause me debilitating problems. I always remember my mother saying that it was not normal for a girl my age to be so tired and sickly all the time - she always worried and sensed that something other than common complaints was the root of all my problems. It turns out she was right, but not after I've suffered sinus problems for years and years (ENT did CT scan, and camera up my nose and down my throat - yesterday told me that all is well and I don't have sinus problems!!!!). I also developed anxiety depression, hypertension - piled on the weight around my mid-section and can't get it down - occipital neuralgia, hyper-mobility of the joints, sciatica, IBS (I've had it since my teens), menstrual issues and difficulty conceiving, been tested for rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid problems, lupus, MS, you name it!!!

It may be that you will need to have a battery of tests carried out before fibro is considered - I'm not saying that this is fact, just my opinion based on my own experience. I feel really sorry for you, as I know what it's like to live with constant pain, and have people comment that you're always complaining or that you're a hypochondriac!! I'm sorry I have no great advice to offer, just my sympathy and support. I do think you should start on your journey as soon as possible to medically rule in/out all possible reasons for your symptoms - they are real!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let anybody try and dismiss you - after all, they're not living in agony every day of their lives. Good luck on your journey and I hope you get some answers soon.

xx

Reply Reply

Tags
elbow pain, fibromyalgia, hip pain, joint pain, low back pain