It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
Itchy skin as a new symptom

For the past 2 years now my skin has been incredibly itchy. I use a moisturizer but my skin's still dry all over.

I don't know what to do.. the itchy sensation is always there and I have to scratch.. but when I do, my skin starts to burn and sometimes even bleeds.

I had a skin biopsy taken two months ago and it showed nothing "special" like celiac's disease or psoriasis.

My doctor also thinks I may have developed endometriosis on top of everything else.

Fibromyalgia truly sucks... I can deal with the pain and stiffness (sort of) but it's all the other symptoms that truly drive me insane..

like LIGHTHEADEDNESS.. How did I get that? I'm only 24 and I have to deal with this feeling like "being on a boat or on a fast moving train". Like I can feel the earth moving when no one else can.

I'm so tired of googling and wondering if I have Lyme's disease or something else they haven't yet discovered (yeah and I've been tested for borreliosis too, at least had that blood test done and don't even remember being bitten by a tick..)

How can you live with this condition and not be PARANOID 24/7?? How can you stop worrying and start living?

It's frustrating going from a doctor to doctor only to hear that "I'm stressed" or "that's a common symptom.."

Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Itchy skin as a new symptom

has your doctor checked for sjogrens disease? it's a blood test, tho biopsies can be done. i went with the blood test and my doc said why go thru the biopises when we know i have it.
look it up and see if you want to be checked for it. don't dump it in the fibro bucket! it's not fibro making you dry like that.
give yourself time. you will get to a place of no worries just adapting and checking out new junk if it pops up.
i am always light headed. i do feel the earth turning. that's being tuned in not a bad thing.
i have lived with it for over 2 decades and paranoid is not allowed in my mind. i won't have it. it's fibro food and i starve fibro. it hates happy so i am happy. giggle
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User

Hi Madeofglass I guess I don't have too much advice to offer except that you are not alone in the "how do you stop worrying and start living" question you posted. Idk either!!! I'm almost 46, just diagnosed with FM maybe 5-6 months ago but I'm sure I've had it much longer! I think I can say that I am just entering into realizing that "Ok, I have FM. I am in pain every single day. And I KNOW the pain changes every single day. I know now this isn't my fault. It's ok when I get tired and need to rest. AND I am beginning to accept? realize? that the meds I am on are NOT going to take all the pain away. There are supplements too (which I am in the process of learning) and with the warm weather, there are mild forms of exercise I can do OUTSIDE (which is SOOOO important to me.) And there are people I can talk to about all of this crap!!! lol!!! So, I guess what I want to say is that with time you will slowly start to figure out ways to survive this. Every day is a challenge but with the right meds and support you will get thru it! Hang in there ok? Good luck and much love to you!

Last edited by Debra7352; 04-27-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
(female)

Silverair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeofglass View Post
For the past 2 years now my skin has been incredibly itchy. I use a moisturizer but my skin's still dry all over.

I don't know what to do.. the itchy sensation is always there and I have to scratch.. but when I do, my skin starts to burn and sometimes even bleeds.

I had a skin biopsy taken two months ago and it showed nothing "special" like celiac's disease or psoriasis.

My doctor also thinks I may have developed endometriosis on top of everything else.

Fibromyalgia truly sucks... I can deal with the pain and stiffness (sort of) but it's all the other symptoms that truly drive me insane..

like LIGHTHEADEDNESS.. How did I get that? I'm only 24 and I have to deal with this feeling like "being on a boat or on a fast moving train". Like I can feel the earth moving when no one else can.

I'm so tired of googling and wondering if I have Lyme's disease or something else they haven't yet discovered (yeah and I've been tested for borreliosis too, at least had that blood test done and don't even remember being bitten by a tick..)

How can you live with this condition and not be PARANOID 24/7?? How can you stop worrying and start living?

It's frustrating going from a doctor to doctor only to hear that "I'm stressed" or "that's a common symptom.."

Last edited by Silverair; 05-04-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Sorry, I clicked on the wrong place.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
(female)

Silverair HB User

I don't have itchy skin everywhere but when I wake up my hands have an intense itching. They are not red but they itch between the fingers the palms, all over my hands. After I am up about an hour it stops. If I fall asleep for a nap, it happens again.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
(female)

sm112086 HB User

I get terribly itchy and my skin opens when I scratch as well! My first rheumatologist didn't think I had anything wrong with me and said I was self mutilating. I now have a different rheumatologist who immediately suspected Fibromyalgia when I mentioned the itching and the myriad of other ssymptoms.. I am 26 and have been having issues for 5 years. Its a terrible condition. But this message board is great for support.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
(female)

redsmom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm112086 View Post
I get terribly itchy and my skin opens when I scratch as well! My first rheumatologist didn't think I had anything wrong with me and said I was self mutilating. I now have a different rheumatologist who immediately suspected Fibromyalgia when I mentioned the itching and the myriad of other ssymptoms.. I am 26 and have been having issues for 5 years. Its a terrible condition. But this message board is great for support.
My whole body would heat up like a bad hot flash then the itchy bumps would show up all over! This happened twice. I just took an allergy pill and it relieved it all. I guess I'm not that bad off since my primary hasn't recommended me to a rheumatologist. But I do suffer from IBS, migrains, achey legs, painful knees, backache on my lower and upper back and sore muscles.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
(female)

laaurabeth HB User

Some meds also cause itching, especially narcotics. I take Vicoden and if I do not also take an allergy pill each day, I itch like crazy too. Also, I have become more sensitive (my family says I'm the queen of sensitive, lol!) to chemicals and have found that I had to reduce many from our house. There are a lot of changes you can make that may help, starting with whatever touches your skin -the lotion you are using, laundry detergent, fabric softener, bath soap, shampoo, etc.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
(female)

coldhardknitter HB User

I get the itch. Sometimes I get a fever or I feellike I am freezing regardless of the room temp. I feel like I am being pelted by a staple gun when I take a shower and it takes a day to recover. Rashes in my mouth...on my chest...hands....it is all kinds or weird.

Some of it is Sjogrens and some of it is Fibro. Fibro is just plain strange. Write down all the new things that happen to tell your doc just in case it can give a clue for something that can be addressed.

Fibro is weird.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

I used to be soooo incredibly itching and it stopped once I cut gluten and grain out of my diet and as much sugar out as possible.

Reply Reply