It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

sasrei7 HB Usersasrei7 HB User
Fibro

Well with my fibro it tends to be not a lot of pain (I do get pain but especially in my hands/legs) but a lot of muscle fatigue/weakness. Like my body can just feel like lead sometimes.
I get extremely bad brain fog, short term memory loss, poor concentration (I feel like I am ADD now lol) multi tasking is almost impossible right now. Doing 2 things at once I struggle so much with. I get overwhelmed so easily now it can be hard for me to cope.. My arms actually get really tired/painful after just looking a bit in the racks at a store, that really sucks cause I like shopping lol. I do think I have CFS but does anyone else really struggle with this type of fibro?

The following user gives a hug of support to sasrei7:
1chris1 (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Re: Fibro

Hi sasrei7, I have the same symptoms and then some. I just push myself everyday. I am unemployed and now watching my 9 mos old Grandaughter while her single Mom goes to work. Luckely she has a friend come on Thurs and Fri to releive me from 9am till 3pm. The thought was I could get some of my own things done while she was with the friend. Well that is not the case. Right now my Dear Gianna is napping and where am I? On the couch with my laptop. At least I managed to get the dishes in the dishwasher and turn that on lol. My grandaughter had severe reflux when she was born and had no belly time until she was 6 mos old. Her head is out of shape so she wears a "Happy Helmet" 23 hrs a day and must do physical therapy to catch up to to other 9 mos olds. My children were walking at her age. I pray everyday she will catch up quickly! I think she will she is very smart. She has not yet rolled all the way over by herself so you can imagine the work that she has to do and she has to do it mostly with my help.

It is exhausting for both of us. But I push myself everyday to get things done and the pain I am in when I wake in the morning is unbelievable! I then take a cocktail of meds to help get through my day as well. It takes a bit of time to get going in the morning so I get up about 2 hours before the babe.

You don't mention if you take any meds for Fibro. Can you give a bit more info about your day and any meds? You also don't mention if you work. I lost my job for the very reasons you mention in your post!

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
(female)

Right now I am on gabapentin 300mg, 1 in the morning and 2 before bed time. I am not even remotely active due to my health as my IBS alone pretty much made it so I couldn't work and adding the thyroid issues, fibro, cfs (possible) it makes it harder. I try to do around 5 mins of yoga everyday but sometimes that be rough. I am sorry to hear about your granddaughter, I will pray for her My plan is to vacuum some ... we shall see how that goes lol

Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
(female)

1chris1 HB User

Hi sasrei7,
Have you tried taking supplements for the fibro and cfs? I have found a few that make things more bearable. I take a great product for IBS which is a strong probiotic.
Keeps my system from flaring up and restores after taking pain killers. I take calcium and magnesium for muscle soreness. (that lead feeling you are taking about). I also take something for my adrenal system since I found out how depleated it was. That increases my energy level and fatigue. Not huge but a noticable difference that keeps me from being on the couch all day and have a small window of time to do whatever needs to be done. Check with a health food store and see if they can give you some imput. Also give it some time to work. It's worth it when you find a product that is making a difference. I hope you get some relief soon.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
(female)

My adrenal is fine when I got tested last time. I take usually peppermint oil, fish oil, vitamin D and my boost that I have every morning has a lot of supplements to.
I have to look for a good multi vitamin I guess but the horse pills I cant swallow to save my life lol most of my pills I take are small and easy to swallow since my throat is extra sensitive.

Reply Reply