It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

sminolympia HB User
New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and am looking for suggestions on how to beat this debilitating fatigue. My job will soon be at risk, and I'm at the end of my rope. I'm already on Cymbalta, and I also take pain meds for severe osteoarthritis in my knees. My rheumy put me on Lyrica today, but cautioned me about the weight gain associated with it, and now I'm hesitant to take it. Just a slight increase in my weight will cause my knees to go out; I told him this, but he just looked at me and walked away...Not sure what to do with that...Anyway, I am looking to see what has helped other people, whether it be medicinal, naturopathic, etc. I may end up back with my GP and see if he will treat me, as I didn't much like the treatment I got from the rheumy; my GP is the one who put me on Cymbalta to begin with and is always pretty open about being able to talk about different treatments and such. Thank you in advance!!!!!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: New Fibromyalgia Diagnosis

welcome to the boards sm,
i agree with your idea to return to your gp for treatment. if you do not like the rheumy and most of them are hard to like, fire him. i have fired 4 of them and 17 total since i started this journey.
i do not take meds for fibro. they don't work for me and the side affects just are not worth it to me. i meditate, exercise, laugh alot, eat vegetarian, drink buckets of spring water, take vitamins, and mostly stay happy and adapt to each change as it comes.
i also have injections in my knees. like you they are shot. giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
catkaru (04-27-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

duplicate post, oops!

Last edited by bluelakelady; 04-26-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

sminolympia HB User

Thank you bluelakelady I was thinking last night that I may even just go back to my naturopath instead of my GP...I just feel like there has to be a better solution than MORE medication... Thanks again!!

Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hey Blue! Have you any idea how much you are loved on this board! You are always willing and there to give your support to whomever needs it as you have for me through the years! Just sayin!

You are in great hands with this board SM!! I hope you find the help you need as soon as you can. I do take the meds and did lose my job because of the fibro, not that they would admit it. You came to the right place for advice or just a bit of support in reading other's posts. Hang in there Kiddo!

Low pain All

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Last edited by catkaru; 04-27-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: wording

The following user gives a hug of support to catkaru:
Debra7352 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I am sorry you are having such a rough time. This is a very difficult illness to live with. I am struggling with how to cope as well. I so not take anything, afraid of side effects, but, must admit, I have thought of trying since I am having so much trouble working. I can tell you I try to rest when possible, but it's hard to do that I know.

I wish you some peace.

Reply Reply