It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User
I just don't know...

Hi FM friends

I just don't know anymore. Warmer weather is (supposedly) coming, the days are longer, and the robins are here. I love this time of year, absolutely LOVE it. That being said I thought for SURE I was going to start feeling better. I was positive with the arrival of the sun my mood would lighten, I'd get outside more, I'd clean up the garden a little, and I'd be able to spend more time walking my dog. I think during the first warm week or two we had, with an exception or two, thats exactly what I did! It was FANTASTIC! I felt pretty good too.
But like everything else I try, it didn't last. By this I mean the feeling of less pain, the feeling of less sadness, less fatigue, the feeling of "Yes! This is what's going to do it for me!" went away. I still have pain, and actually, this past week has been worse than it has in awhile. I still want to cry and I'm still soooo tired. And this makes me angry and frustrated. If the thought and FEELING of the spring and summer sun isn't going to help me, then what is??
I'm taking vitamins/supplements to help with my energy level (so I can walk more),and to help me manage my weight gain (thank you meds and winter!) I'm trying to be outside more but I'm always so tired I don't have the energy or desire for it. And that's not me!!! Not during the warmer months! ***sigh*** I just don't know. If I want to completely feel sorry for myself right now I'd say I give up. Buuttttt I guess I won't go there. Thank you, as always, for taking the time to listen <3

The following user gives a hug of support to Debra7352:
fusionqueen (05-19-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: I just don't know...

Hang in there Debra. Chances are that the break in the weather maybe you got slightly too ambitious and over did it. It's so easy to do when your mind is full of sunshine and occupied. Rest up and next time you get that urge to do it all outside remember to pace yourself and take it slow. Fibro will take advantage of any opening you give it and wearing yourself out (even if it didn't feel like it) is a wide open door.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
Debra7352 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
(female)

makeworldgoaway HB User

OH you sound terribly depressed, as a Bipolar member I sure understand w hat you are talking about. I have had no lifting of my spirits as our weather here warms up....I believe much of it could be situational in my life, and boy is it ever an awful feeling to put it lightly, huh. I lost my dog a few years ago & you know even if it was all great to get another one part of me even balks at that-dogs require work & responsibility! Anyway, I understand how crappy it feels to have a turn in the weather etc, which used to make you feel MUCH better and have none of t hat-it makes you want to panic doesn't it because you think "if this isn't doing it, will anything??" Such a hor rible feeling....I too ke ep hanging in there, between the physical and mental pain it gets really hard but I keep remembering a time when my heart was lighter-praying for that as I do for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to makeworldgoaway For This Useful Post:
Debra7352 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

It sounds like you definitely have seasonal affective disorder SAD, and light therapy will help that. Even if you do nothing but sit in a lawn chair, get outside for bright light, or use a full spectrum light bulb inside for an hour a day, close to you, like 18-24 inches. Do not look at the light, just have it shining on your face while you read or watch TV. I believe many people are diagnosed with fibro that actually have other things wrong, like autoimmune disease, hypothyroidism, etc. I would notice if sun exposure to your skin makes you feel worse. If so, please get checked for lupus. It may be that getting into the garden makes you feel worse the next day because of sun exposure. That can be a vicious cycle. Also, make sure your thyroid is ok. If low, can cause depression, weight gain, and terrible fatigue, just like the SAD does in winter. I have all 3 conditions, so am speaking from experience!

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Debra7352 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
if you were hoping for a magic fix for fibro forget it. we have good days and not so good days. spring is usually hard for most of us. summers I do much better. I do not have the sadness within tho and that does make a difference.
I love the sun and get out for 15 minutes at a time in summer many times a day. it sure does help arthritis tho. giggle.
for myself I have found attitude is everything. I got a shrink to help me adapt to the new me and do it with grace. best 7 years of learning I ever spent.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 05-16-2013 at 08:21 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Debra7352 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

I understand how you feel. We all hope there is a magic bullet to help with fibro and believe that something like a longer day with more sun will do the job. It's rough when you still don't feel well. It can even set you back a bit because you are so disappointed when it doesn't work out. I think we have to just take one day at a time and try to get out and get some fresh air and sun every day and try not to overdo it.

I feel for you and hope you get some relief.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi there, Totally agree with Blue! Spring is very hard for me due to the many changes in the weather. Take this week, all week high humidity with tempatures rising to 85 then back down to the 70's by the week end! I hate it. Everything hurts. Mornings suck for sure. Nothing gets done around the house. There is no sun! No natural energy giving source all week. Just hang in there and try to find another way to deal. Meditation helps alot. I go to a sunny place in my minds eye, very relaxing. hope you're feeling better soon!!

Low pain all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now