It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Week three...

I am on week 3 of the worst flare I have ever had. Fatigue head aches, pressure points(especially on my neck) are painful, my feet just ache and I feel like i have a fever( I usually run 97 and its been 98.8) Add nausea and I am miserable. How do I get out of this? I am going to my regular Dr tomorrow. Are there any tests I should ask for? Thyroid is great as of 2 months ago. I take meds for it. I can't take any of the meds for Fibro. They all make me even more sick with side effects. My flare have never lasted more than 3-4 days and never this bad.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: fusionqueen
catkaru (05-20-2013), Debra7352 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User
Re: Week three...

fusionqueeen, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry that I unfortunately, don't have words of wisdom to offer you. I can only offer support I hope that you have family and/or friends around to help you. What type of side effects to have from the fibro meds? Have you tried Lyrica? Or Cymbalta? Even pain meds? I take both Lyrica and Cymbalta. But I can tell that something isn't working as well anymore. My worst pain is in the morning. And I mean it is REALLY bad, this morning has been the most painful so far. I hope that your doctor is able AND WILLING to do something to help you. Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you <3

The Following User Says Thank You to Debra7352 For This Useful Post:
fusionqueen (05-19-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Debra, I have been on Cymbalta and it actually worked great for pain/fatigue but the anxiety, racing heart and mood swings were nasty. I have not tried Lyrica but did try Neurontin and was soooo tired and drugged i could not handle it. I have flexeril but even half of a 5 mg leaves me out of it all day the next day. I have been taking amino acids, magnesium,vitamins and just started D-ribose.Something has to give as I have never felt like and can not work and function daily. i just sleep. Thanks for the kind word and I hope you get your meds figured out and they start working for you!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
the longest flare I had was just over a year. it was a very long year, giggle. I do not take meds for fibro either. same reason, side affects. besides how can they fix me if they don't know what it is or why it is there? I do deep breathing, hot tub, meditation, and eat healthy when I do eat.
if possible make sure you can be down when not at work. it helps. stay warmed in your core. I get very cold during flares and my core turns to ice.
sending you a healing hug.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I just got back from the DR. Ran some labs and will get them wed. I want to make sure not missing anything else like auto immune. She wants me to try Lyrica But I am paranoid of even MORE weight gain. I just want to sit and cry! My life is miserable right now and I just want to be ME again!!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
I remember wanting to just be me again. it does not work that way, this thing we call life. every day we are changing. sometimes for the better and sometimes not.
I found adapting to what is helps a lot. fighting and raging against it just makes it worse. it feeds the flare up. laughter is the only thing that makes fibro shrink and skulk away. I laugh a great deal. endorphins.
don't let yourself be crying. that really makes it hurt more and last longer. glad you got the blood work done. peace of mind is so important.
getting an illness is never in a persons plan for life but it happens and adapting seems the best route to me. I tried feeling sorry for myself, boring. I tried fighting, exhausting. I tried drugs, brain drain. now I just be glad I woke up and do the best I can each day. one day at a time.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
fusionqueen (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I wish there was some good to say about how long it lasts. Flares can vary quite a bit.
It seems that I hurt every day and the flare ups are just more of the same except way more intense. I look forward to windows of good days, they don't happen often but the do happen. If I get really lucky the window stays open for days.

Will send you wishes for an open window.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I don't know if this is whats helping but I started D-ribose 3 days ago.Just one scoop in my yogurt each morning seems to be helping!!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
(female)

rh277 HB User

Hi! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia two months ago & have been lurking ever since.

I wanted to respond to this question, so I actually registered on the site. I know this may not help everyone, but I have found some good relief taking charcoal tablets (the advice of my rheumy). I was sceptical at first, but tried it & it helps a lot. I take 20 capsules at a time when I am having a flare.

One caveat: it not only absorbs the toxins but also the good stuff too. So I have to wait 1 1/2 hours after eating, taking vitamins, meds, etc, then take the charcoal, then wait another 1 1/2 hours before eating, taking meds, etc..

Hope this may help.

The Following User Says Thank You to rh277 For This Useful Post:
fusionqueen (05-21-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
(female)

redsmom HB User

Iwas just diagnosed last week but have had symptoms for some time now. I'm just so great full for this board and all of you who are sharing here. I'm learning a lot about FM but finding it hard as to how to explain it to my children. So far I feel blessed because I'm only taking a low dose anti depression med that helps take the edge off the worse of the flare ups. I can finally sit, walk and sleep without pain. I hope you all feel better soon. =•)

The following user gives a hug of support to redsmom:
fusionqueen (06-04-2013)
Reply Reply