It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
this is getting depressing

I haven't been on in a while so I apologize to those who needed some answers and I wasn't helpful. I've started a new job this year and it's just brutal. I come home and am sooo tired I can barely get it together to make dinner let alone read and type. This week is my vacation week and I am just depressed about how I feel. There are so many things I am trying to catch up on, but it's just taking all I have to do anything. The thought of making dinners is exhausting. I want to read, and relax, but can not focus long enough to do so. It seems I am going through the motions and spinning around getting nowhere. I ache so bad and can't seem to get passed it. Yes, I should just sit and do nothing, but when you only get a week off every six months, you have to fill in all the things you dont' have the energy to do all year long.

Sorry for complaining, it's just getting to me, that's all. I know you all would listen.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: tmrots
catkaru (07-04-2013), luvrunnin81 (08-02-2013), Stupid feet (07-03-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: this is getting depressing

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. The level of exhaustion you are experiencing makes me wonder if you have more going on than fibromyalgia. I would truly consider going back to Dr and getting retested for anemia, low thyroid, autoimmune disease, like lupus, even if you have had these tests before. Many people get diagnosed with fibro that either have something else or develop something else over time. I think you sound sicker than most fibro patients are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I know what working 40 hrs a week with Fibro can do to you. Been there. Lost my job due to Fibro Fog in October. Going on 60 so mentally ready to stop but financially not at all. It is very hard to work and deal with the day after work. Just want to crawl into your bed and call it a day. Unfortunatly we have other things that need to be taken care of on a daily basis besides our outside jobs. We have families that are hungry, need our help with homework, laundry so we have something to wear to work, bills to pay, ect...Need I say more. I appreciate the vacations I had before I got sick with this. But now a vacation is just as you said Tmrots, work on things that did not get done. So it's work, work, work. So sorry! Hang in there! Welcoming your vents!

Low pain All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The following user gives a hug of support to catkaru:
Fatbaby (07-10-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Thank you both for your replies. I must say I have felt this way before and have been tested every year for the past few years when I was at my worst, so it pretty much is fibro. The job I have is just so so hard that it makes it worse. I am grateful for having the week off, I did nothing yesterday and don't plan on doing much today either, so that's a good thing. Trying to regroup before Monday.

Thanks again for listening.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Well, I'm glad you have the extra days to rest and recharge your batteries over the long weekend. Your health is so important, everything else should just wait. Glad your Dr has been keeping an eye at least on the other possibilities. Shows he is thinking and not just stuck in a rut with your care. Hope you also have a little time for something fun this weekend. Does wonders for your mental health! Take care.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your post just made me feel so great. You have a way with words that are very comforting. Thank you for this and I hope you have a great weekend as well.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
(female)

2young4paininOH HB User2young4paininOH HB User

Hello, I a new to this board I have been dx with severe Fibro by my Rheumy, however when I was extremely tried and could not stay awake and would have to nap we found out my Vitamin D was low it was an 8. have they check you Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy . Make sure they check this one not the other vit D. I had to take 50,000ui 1x a week for 3 months now and it only came up to 30. I know take 10,000ui a day of d3 for the rest of my life, However if you have fibro you probably know about this but I just thought I would mention it just in case you did not. I hope you feel better, and relax and little more while you are on vacation.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
(female)

coldhardknitter HB User

I worked until a bot over three years ago. A fall.resulted in a broken bone in my elbow so I lost my job. Needless to say I took that opportunity to try to not go back to work. I did receive disability in the Fall of 2012. It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't just Fibro I was fighting. I don't know if everyone finds themselves with depression issues but sometimes it helps to address issues of depression. I have a rheumatologist who is great but he isn't familiar with how to treat psych issues. If you get overwhelmed or feel like you can never do enough it may have started with Fibro but it can affect your mood. It may be worth your time to talk with someone to help you sort it out. Hope that helps a littler bit.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Hi T, I hope this finds you feeling a little bit better and the weekend was good to you.
Work and fibro makes one heck of a juggling act for any of us. Make time for yourself to regenerate. As you know it can make a big difference in pain and mind.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi tm,
sending you healing love on the breeze. enjoy your vacation. sorry I was out of town then had to get a catheter upon arriving home so I did not come here much. girl I don't know how you do it. I bow to your strength of will in all humility.
healing peace,
blue

Reply Reply