It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User
More pain added to the old pain in new places :(

For the past 7-8 months or so, I have started having more pain in parts of my body where, up to that point, I wasn't feeling too bad.

For instance, my elbows. My right elbow has been bothering me for quite a few years but only when spring and fall rolled around. I worked in a garden center so I worked outside a lot. At that time of year I did quite a bit of lifting. That combined with the weather changes I just assumed it was tendonitis or tennis elbow. Both my wrists would hurt then too. Again, I figured tendonitis. I would wear 2 wrist braces and 1 elbow brace to work when the pain got really bad. But NOW not only does it hurt constantly but so does my left elbow! My HANDS hurt, my fingers hurt. Its coming to the point where I am struggling to open my freakn med bottles! My FEET hurt. I've been attributing that to my weight gain because besides my feet my KNEES hurt! I think my knees hurt more once I sit that they do when I'm standing! My feet hurt at night when I'm in bed laying on my back! It hurts my heels to be on my back! But my lower back and tailbone hurt so much that I need to lay on a heating pad just so I can actually LAY DOWN! I can feel pain in each tiny, little bone in both my feet and my hands. The pain has and still is, primarily been in my lower back, legs, tailbone..but as you can see, it is spreading out of control! If I'm standing with more weight on my left knee than my right, it starts to tingle like its falling asleep. It starts immediately! If I'm walking my dog (thru CONSTANT pain) my stride seems to be ok and then boom! My right ankle feels like its cracking in half! What the heck is going on??? One of the NEWER newer things is a burning, stabbing pain between my left shoulder and my left...chest muscle. Or a sharp pain under my right shoulder blade. Both will last up to 3-4 days at a time (not both at the same time). The pain under my blade makes it difficult to take deep breaths.
Its summer time and I had truly thought I would be practically pain free. Not the case. I keep moving, working at a job that I can sit and stand when I need to (but by 3:00 every afternoon the pain level has started to climb) I try to walk my dog every other day. I try to stay busy with a hobby when I can. So its not like I'm laying down all day every day getting stiff. What's happening to me? What is all of this? Do any of you have all this stuff going on too? I just need to know that I am not alone because honestly, there are days when I don't think I can handle this anymore.
Thank you for listening, thank you for your help and advice. And thank you for sharing <3 <3 <3

The following user gives a hug of support to Debra7352:
Thatsmyjennay (09-09-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

redsmom HB User
Re: More pain added to the old pain in new places :(

I do have all of that and when everything hurts at the same time it makes life truly misserable! I just started taking mobic for inflammation and pain and neurontin for that pesky nerve pain! Haven't had another flare such as that yet.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
(female)

Thatsmyjennay HB UserThatsmyjennay HB UserThatsmyjennay HB User

I'm sorry u feel like this, honestly u described my pain to a T! I couldn't believe it when u said it hurts your heels to lay on ur back, I thought I was the only one that could possibly have such a complaint! This all started in my back then neck yrs back, now it just travels simultaneously throughout my whole body. As of now both elbows hurt (mostly right) both wrist, both hands, feet, fingers & toes. The weather can make a huge difference in pain level for me, I'm not sure I'm gonna make it out of the cold winter ahead without breaking down! Like I said, I'm sorry ur in so much pain, but it is comforting for me to know that someone else out there knows what I feel like.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
(female)

Debra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB UserDebra7352 HB User

Thatsmyjennay (I love it!) Thank you for sharing! I know exactly what you mean to know that you're not alone in feeling the pain you, we, all of us, are feeling! I understand 100%! You're absolutely right about the weather and the pain. I'm ridiculously worried about the upcoming winter weather. I've only just started to feel a LITTLE better and haven't lost any weight from LAST winter and here we are, knocking on winters door again. I don't want to go thru it again. The pain and the depression seem almost to much to handle. Hang in there and hopefully we'll talk again soon. I wish it wouldn't be because we need comforting but Thank God we are able to come here to find it! Take care...take LOTS of care <3 Thank you again.

The following user gives a hug of support to Debra7352:
The Following User Says Thank You to Debra7352 For This Useful Post:
Reply Reply