It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

Broken calcenaus

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
kao309
(female)

kao309 HB User
Broken calcenaus

Broke my left calcenaus 3 weeks ago by falling about 4 feet from a ladder. No surgery required. Just this big heavy boot. Keep elevated and ice for 6 weeks. I have been doing exactly what the doc told me to do. I wonder what the next step is.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-29-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Lafoo
(male)

Lafoo HB User
Re: Broken calcenaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kao309 View Post
Broke my left calcenaus 3 weeks ago by falling about 4 feet from a ladder. No surgery required. Just this big heavy boot. Keep elevated and ice for 6 weeks. I have been doing exactly what the doc told me to do. My question is there anyone out there with similar circumstances as mine. If so how is your healing progressing. Have you gotten to that 6 week period and if so what was your next step.
Same situation. I did not require surgery. My heel did fracture into 4 pieces. I fell off a ladder about 8 feet up. I was non-weight bearing for 6 weeks and primarily used a knee scooter. At 6 weeks my doctor took off my cast, performed x-rays and was glad to see everything healing well. A walking cast was put on. Basically my walking cast is the exact same fiberglass cast that I had before but with the addition of a removable cushioned sandal. My doctor said i can put as much weight on it as long as I can handle the pain. This kind of shocked me. I can put as much weight on it as possible? So here I am in my 7th week. The first day of the walking cast was great. I put alot of weight on it and was very active and mobile with crutches. The pain really started the next day for me. After being so inactive for weeks my body just wasn't used to the physical exercise and I ached all over. The body aches have gotten better during the week. But the foot pain did not. I am not putting as much weight on it as I originally did. Maybe 30-40%. I believe the tendons and ligaments are being re-awakened in a sense because my heels hurts a little but other parts of the foot particularly around my ankle really hurt. I wasn't expecting that. I should note that I only experience pain when I walk. I am hoping this pain slowly diminishes. I will continue to walk on it with crutches and keep the foot as active as possible. My recovery plan as outlined by my doctor is to have the cast removed at 12 weeks than physical therapy for a few months but possibly longer.

Last edited by Lafoo; 05-19-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
tonyb24
(male)

tonyb24 HB User
Re: Broken calcenaus

Don't worry. It really sucks right now. But hey, this is just your current situation, and situations change. view this as a nice long vacation with legal prescribed drugs. Game like you never have, watch every thing people have suggested to you but you never watched even tho you said you would, read some books or fracture stories etc.

Last edited by tonyb24; 05-29-2017 at 05:36 AM. Reason: spelling, formulation, relevance of info

Closed Thread