It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
(male)

horsies HB User
Curved toe

Ever since i was young i thought i was normal until i went to the community pool with my brother and a friend- when two other kids started teasing me about the second toe on each foot- then i relized somehting was wrong with me.
Does any one else have any toes that are curved- Mine curve to the side like its trying to hug the toe next to it- Its diffently not a hammer toe.
Any one know why this might have happened to me or has anyone ever had surgery to straighten a toe???

Old 11-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #2

CA Patient HB User
Re: Curved toe

I have four curved toes. I have bunions and my big toe crowds the other toes so I always thought that caused the problem for two of them. But I also broke two of my smaller toes once and when they healed they ended up a little curved. My podiatrist is doing surgery on the bunions, so I talked to him about the toes hoping he'd do something about that too. He wasn't worried about them though and told me that was "normal for you". It seems like the golden rule for podiatrists is if they don't hurt you, they don't want to touch them. Maybe not the news you were hoping to hear, but I hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2003, 09:18 PM   #3

mom2chet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Patient
I have four curved toes. I have bunions and my big toe crowds the other toes so I always thought that caused the problem for two of them. But I also broke two of my smaller toes once and when they healed they ended up a little curved. My podiatrist is doing surgery on the bunions, so I talked to him about the toes hoping he'd do something about that too. He wasn't worried about them though and told me that was "normal for you". It seems like the golden rule for podiatrists is if they don't hurt you, they don't want to touch them. Maybe not the news you were hoping to hear, but I hope this helps...

I agree with the podiatrists. On the side of surgery...if it doesn't hurt don't have surgery. Even though my bunion was very painful, if I had it all to do over again, I would not even have that surgery.

Old 11-30-2003, 06:50 PM   #4
(male)

horsies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsies
Ever since i was young i thought i was normal until i went to the community pool with my brother and a friend- when two other kids started teasing me about the second toe on each foot- then i relized somehting was wrong with me.
Does any one else have any toes that are curved- Mine curve to the side like its trying to hug the toe next to it- Its diffently not a hammer toe.
Any one know why this might have happened to me or has anyone ever had surgery to straighten a toe???

Think mine was caussed by something other than a bunion- this happened to me when i was little- before the age of 6 or i dont know but i could have been born like that.
Its my second toe- picture u and a shorter friend standing side by side with your bodies straight and then u lean your head over on top of his/hers head making a curve with your body. ( Hard to explain exactly what it looks like )
Im interested in gettin them straightened . im to embarred to go bare foot because of the way they look. I turn down invites to go water skiing, or to the beach ect. If the shoes must come off i dont go. I even wear my shocks all the time in the house/bed.
Why I was wondering if it was possible to straighten a toe with surgery or are there non surgical ways of doing this????

Closed Thread