It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 08:53 PM   #1

blueeyes22 HB User
Cool pain on top of foot

I have pain on the top of my foot. I was told at first it was a bunion. The foot does not have a knot or anything on outside of foot. I went to another podarist and he says I have arthrtis in my foot and the cartilage is completely gone and when I walk that it is bone rubbing against bone which is very painful. I used to walk 1 mile a day for excerise which I am unable to do that anymore. I also am unable to shop or walk anywhere for longer than about 10 minutes. The podarist is suggesting breaking the bone and trimming part of the bone off and then inserting two screws to correct this problem. I have heard some people say never let them operate on your foot. I was just wondering if anyone has had this done and what is this called? I would like know the outcome and how long the recovery period is.
thanks,
Linda

Old 03-15-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieblueyes HB User
Re: pain on top of foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes22
I have pain on the top of my foot. I was told at first it was a bunion. The foot does not have a knot or anything on outside of foot. I went to another podarist and he says I have arthrtis in my foot and the cartilage is completely gone and when I walk that it is bone rubbing against bone which is very painful. I used to walk 1 mile a day for excerise which I am unable to do that anymore. I also am unable to shop or walk anywhere for longer than about 10 minutes. The podarist is suggesting breaking the bone and trimming part of the bone off and then inserting two screws to correct this problem. I have heard some people say never let them operate on your foot. I was just wondering if anyone has had this done and what is this called? I would like know the outcome and how long the recovery period is.
thanks,
Linda
HI Linda,
That procedure sounds almost like what they did to my foot.I had a bunion removed.The Doctor cut the bone lined up the toe and placed two screws in.If you have a good Doctor I don't oppose to surgery.If you are in pain and nothing else relieves the pain then I would have the surgery.Mine was on the right foot,so no driving for at least 5 weeks.Out of work for 8 weeks.I think that all depends on what kind of job you have. Good Luck on whatever you decide and let us know how you make out.Susie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread