It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

crysci HB User
How much does bunion surgery cost?

I'm new hear & was wandering...
How much does tailor's bunion surgery cost?
... like to remove one bunion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieblueyes HB User
Re: How much does bunion surgery cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysci
I'm new hear & was wandering...
How much does tailor's bunion surgery cost?
... like to remove one bunion.
Welcome,
I have no idea, my insurance covered every penny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

JeffH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieblueyes
Welcome,
I have no idea, my insurance covered every penny
It's your responsibility to know. Your attitude is part of the reason that health care has sky-rocketed out of sight. You need to ask for a itemized copy of the bill. You may not understand everything on it, but you may spot some obvious mistakes. It has been documented that over 10% of all hospital billings contain errors.

As an accountant I see weekly summaries of all claims paid out for our employees. It's a simple one line summary per employee.

About six months ago, someone had a major surgery. Still....the total charge seemed high. We called our insurance company and asked them to audit that bill. A week later we had a refund check in the amount of 28,000.00 for what the hospital called "misc charges." 28,000.00!!!!!!

By the way...don't for a minute think that you're not paying for a large part of the medical costs. Companies are charged on their prior years experiance rate. Lot's of large claims means large rate hikes. You may be paying some of it. Even if your company pays the whole premium ( no employee contribution) think of the increased profits that would flow into the company if the health care costs weren't so outlandish!! Heck, they may have more money to give out bigger and more frequent salary increases. Trust me, there are no free lunches, you are paying for a signifiant part of your surgery, one way or the other.

Last edited by JeffH; 03-22-2004 at 11:29 AM.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

susie, it really depends on what area you live in, your doctor, etc. No one here can answer the question for you.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #5

f2s HB User

mine cost around $8000. i had it about 4 months ago.

Old 03-28-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
(female)

rileyroe HB User

Where I live it is between $4,000 and $5,000 per foot. I had a double bunionectomy in January and it was a little over $8,500.00.

Closed Thread