It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2004, 08:18 AM   #1

blank2004 HB User
Occasional Hot Sensation in Foot

Hi: For the past few days, I've had an occasional hot sensation in my right foot. It is not painful--it feels like I've got my foot right up to a portable heater. It can happen while I'm walking, while I'm sitting, or in bed. I am in good health, take a vitamin supplement daily, and walk anywhere from 5-6 miles Monday through Friday, and around 3-4 on the weekends (I wear a good pedometer and log all of this). It only lasts maybe 10 seconds, but it's never happened to me before. I would appreciate any advice, ideas, etc.

Blank2004

Old 03-25-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User
Re: Occasional Hot Sensation in Foot

Hmmm, I just read about a disease/condition the other day where hot sensation in the hands and feet were a symptom. I can't recall for the life of me what it was either, sorry. Lupus comes to mind... or fibromyalgia...but not sure. You might want to go to your doctor and get looked at though.

[QUOTE=blank2004]Hi: For the past few days, I've had an occasional hot sensation in my right foot. It is not painful--it feels like I've got my foot right up to a portable heater. It can happen while I'm walking, while I'm sitting, or in bed. I am in good health, take a vitamin supplement daily, and walk anywhere from 5-6 miles Monday through Friday, and around 3-4 on the weekends (I wear a good pedometer and log all of this). It only lasts maybe 10 seconds, but it's never happened to me before. I would appreciate any advice, ideas, etc.

Blank2004[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 01:11 PM   #3

blank2004 HB User
Re: Occasional Hot Sensation in Foot

I checked the symptoms for Lupus, and I have *none* of the others. And I'm very grateful. As far as fibromyalgia goes, I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome about 15 years ago, but through lots of research and different types of research, I was able to overcome it. I still have too much energy for it to be either of these two. I was sick for a long time, though, and it was the worst time of my life. One thing I did notice on the Lupus site I visited, though, was that Omega-3 fatty acids help the symptoms, and I haven't been taking any of that lately, so it served as a reminder to stock up. Since I posted this, the symptoms have been a lot less obvious. Thanks anyway.

Closed Thread