It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 10:01 AM   #1

Anastasee HB User
HELLLP!!! Best shoewear post bunion surgery

I am six weeks post op bunionectomy and screws will be removed this Friday. I imagine that a trip to the shoe store will be necessary after my doc appt. What is the best shoe to wear post bunionectomy that will accomodate swelling and not bother the incision area???? I work in a somewhat "formal" enviornment and can't really wear tennis to work.

Old 07-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #2

begoniarosa HB User
Re: HELLLP!!! Best shoewear post bunion surgery

Funny I should be reading this now. I posted the same question several days ago and didn't get any replies. I too am interested in this as next week will be six weeks for me. I have read that some people wear Birkenstocks (sandals with adjustable straps). That's what I plan on getting this weekend!

Last edited by begoniarosa; 07-21-2004 at 03:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

eko HB Usereko HB User

[QUOTE=Anastasee]I work in a somewhat "formal" enviornment and can't really wear tennis to work.[/QUOTE]

After my foot surgery, I was told by my Dr. to go into a tennis shoe. I too work in a "formal" environment, so I picked up some inexpensive white tennis shoes to wear for about 6 weeks at work. They delt with it fine at work and we all celebrated when I move out of tennis shoes into work shoes. They understood that I was still recovering. Now, I have since purchased new tennis shoes that fit my feet properly, the ones I had purchased were wider to help accomodate the swelling and just became too loose. I didn't want to spend a lot on the first pair because I knew they are transitional. Ask your Dr. what he recommends. My Dr. has a list of shoes he recommends that he gives out to his patients and where to find them - very helpful. Best Wishes.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:05 PM   #4

mrakdv HB User

There is a company called Dr. Comfort that makes Diabetic Dress shoes. They are wider and have more room. I don't know how they would work for a bunnion, but they do have styles that look like normal shows. But you can only get them by prescription. Also, New Balance makes a lot of styles of shoes. If there is a New Balance Store around, they have several wide versions that may work well. Retail stores usually only have a couple of styles. Check out their web sites to see what that have available. Also check the **** web-site, they may have some links to shoe manufactures. Good Luck.

Closed Thread