It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #1
(female)

pinkcat1977 HB User
Unhappy cracked heels and glue???

Hey everybody!!! I suffer from cracked heels and someone told me about using crazy glue to seel them?? Any ideas or opinions on this?? Please Help as they really HURT!!!!!! Leah

Old 07-22-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User
Re: cracked heels and glue???

That doesn't sound to healthy to me. I would be afraid to do that. I sure would not want to make it worse. Go to a foot doctor. I am sure there is a better way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
(female)

pinkcat1977 HB User

Ya I wasn't sure but I was told by a friend that you could do it!! I am a little nervous though to try! Any suggestions on getting them healed?

Old 07-23-2004, 07:43 AM   #4

TootsieRoll HB User

Hello...

I have found that Neosporin works wonderful on try cracked feet. Esp the heels.. It moisturizes while the med heals the cracks.. If you are having pain from the cracks try using the Neosporin with added pain relief. It seems to help..

I like to put it on at night before bed and put socks on to keep it on my feet longer. If you have very cracked heels you can do it morning also...

You can even get the store brand for less money and a bigger tube.

I hope this helps... Take Care

Old 07-23-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
Inactive

Tracied3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcat1977
Hey everybody!!! I suffer from cracked heels and someone told me about using crazy glue to seel them?? Any ideas or opinions on this?? Please Help as they really HURT!!!!!! Leah
I would not put superglue on them. That has a quick drying agent and your feet are lacking moisture and caked with dead hardened skin. The only way to get back to healthy skin is to treat the problem a few layers at a time! Also, wear socks as much as you can around the house. This holds the moisture in.
I had a problem with this and now my heels are "all good"

Some easy suggestions:
1)Soak feet in epsom salt for at least 20 minutes. The epsom will expand the skin making it less sensitive.
2)Once out from soaking... take a pedicure file (can get one for 5.00 at Walmart) and scrub those heels. (It may be tender, but you are sloughing off the hardened and dead skin.) So do a little at a time every day.
3)Then top off with a coat of "vaseline"
4) put on some thick socks

I did this daily for about 1 week and it made a WORLD of a difference!
let me know how it goes!!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 04:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Just thought I would mention that this would NOT be a good idea to superglue together any area of the body as there are all kinds of bacteria lurking inside the little cracks and crevices,no matter how you scrub, some will still be there.If you seal these bacteria inside with super glue, you will eventually end up with one hell of an infection and more problems and pain than you ever want to have to deal with.please try some of the good suggestions by the other posters here,or see your doc.Just stay away from the glue,okay?Hope you find something "else" that will work for your problem.Marcia

Closed Thread