It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 04:01 AM   #1

StephanieVD HB User
ankle problems still

Well my ankle is still killing me. But I don't see my os till next week.. But in the mean time today I am having thumb surgery. I am scared since I had the problems with the ankle surgery in Feb but know I need to get the surgery done. Wish me luck.. But about the ankle, is there anything else other than ice and heat to help pain aside from meds.. just wondering.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2004, 09:12 AM   #2

frogy HB User
Re: ankle problems still

Good Luck with the thumb surgery. It sounds like you have had a very rough time with things, I hope this surgery goes MUCH better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

I am so sorry that you are still having problems. You just can't get a lucky break, can you? Maybe your thumb surgery will go wonderfully smooth to make up for it all. Did you finally get rid of the infection? You could try gentle stretching or massage on your ankle. Especially if it is still swollen, try massaging with lotion in an upward direction to get some of the fluid out. Sorry I can't be of much more help with the pain. Good luck!

Old 08-11-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieblueyes HB User

Sorry to hear you are not feeling better.How did you make out from the thumb surgery?Take care,

Sue

Old 08-31-2004, 06:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostmary HB User

stephanievd,
I hope your thumb surgery went well. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. Good luck, I hope it went well, and you are quickly recovering. Get on thing done at a time, and hopefully you foot will get better too.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:17 AM   #6

StephanieVD HB User

I saw my GP yesterday (my os isn't so great) and had him look at my ankle. It is red, warm to the touch and draining fluid again. My fevers are so high I can hardly function. I am going in for a bone scan next week, and I guess we will go from there. We're worried the osteo is back. I am super scared, I don't want to lose my ankle in the long run.. I have too many dreams still. My thumb seems to be doing well, a lot better than my ankle at least, lol. Geep me in your thoughts.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostmary HB User

I'm so sorry it seems to be back. Are they thinking of putting the PICC line back in? there has to be something that they can do. I wonder if they (the drs) would do some type of conference call with each other to try to get things going in the right direction. My ID dr. called the Podiatrist and spoke to him for about 10 minutes and explained everything to him for me. Have your doctors been talking to each other. I wish I had some better thoughts about what could happen to make things start working. I know there has to be something.. keeping you in my thoughts, I'm usually here if you need someone to talk to.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:10 PM   #8

StephanieVD HB User

Nope, I think I will ask my GP to at least call my os I guess. But I didn't like my ID guys so the idea of calling them is not an option right not, at least not till I get the scan results. I dunno about he picc, I guess evrything depends on what they find next week. This is just so stressful..

Closed Thread