It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2004, 11:27 AM   #1

annarbor HB User
Swelling after removal of pin in toe

since having the pin removed in my former hammertoe (yesterday) my toe is red and very swollen. It wasn't before when the pin was in my toe. Is this normal?? Have any of you had this problem??

Old 11-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #2

StephanieVD HB User
Re: Swelling after removal of pin in toe

My thumb was like that after I had surgery and had the pin out. It took like two weeks for the inflammation to go away, and I still have some swelling and redness around the site about a month later.. Good luck with the toe!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
(female)

VeggieQueen58 HB User
Re: Swelling after removal of pin in toe

Yes, my toes and also top of my foot and ankle swelled up a lot after having the pins out, which also surprised me. Look for my post entitled "Normal for Ankle to Swell?" which has some good info on it. Best bet is to call your doc and elevate it, but also move around according to doc's advice.

Old 11-08-2004, 05:33 AM   #4

annarbor HB User
Now, there's a lump after removal of pin in toe (HELP)

newest problem---now I'm concerned that it's not swollen but a permanant lump where the hammertow used to be (which is just as bad). Is this lump normal. I had the pin removed 6 days ago and that's when the lump arrived.

Closed Thread