It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
(female)

shar6366 HB User
please help me/ post bunion surgery

17 days ago I had a double bunionectomy and the second toe on each foot operated on at the same time. I had my stitches removed a few days ago and the Dr. came in briefly said to stay off my feet, asked if I needed pain meds. and told me to make an apt. for another month. Two nurses were removing my stitches while the Dr. saw me so I was distracted to say the least. I left with hospital shoes,on crutches using my heels to walk. I seem to be ok if I take pain pills but how long will I need them. I feel like a baby when I have to ask for more. How long has everyone else out there had to use pain pills? Any and all advice would be so helpful, any tips for recovery I would also love.

Last edited by shar6366; 11-07-2004 at 11:18 PM. Reason: to receive advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #2
(female)

shar6366 HB User
Re: please help me/ post bunion surgery

any others with double bunionectomy please share your experiece

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
(female)

rileyroe HB User

Hi...I had a double bunionectomy in January. I took pain pills for about a week and a half I think. I can't remember exactly how long!! This is such a long recovery. I still have pain if I do too much walking at once. Stay off of your feet as much as possible and keep them elevated! Don't rush yourself...it will just take longer to recover! Hang in there, I know how you feel!

Old 11-10-2004, 10:20 AM   #4

verylongday HB User

Had one foot done last week -- it was awful for the first few days, but that was because the bandages were WAY too tight for the swelling I had. I was taking Perkoset but then developed and allergy too it :-( Doing just motrin now and am doing better -- but with only one foot done, I am able to pretty much stay off it if i need too. I will second the previous posters advice and say stay off and keep elevated! I have to elevate my foot every few hours to control the swelling (and subsequent pain).

Hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread