It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #1

ADR75 HB User
Info about PF

I'm having a really tough time finding information regarding planters fasciitis*online. When I search for it, all I get is a bunch of ads for herbal remedies. One little blib I did find made me strongly suspect that that's what's going on with me:

My feet hurt to the point that I can't walk in the morning and after I've been off them for a while. From what I understand, though, there isn't much that can be done about this, other than cortisone shots every so often and inserts and special shoes. Is this correct?

And could someone please point me (gently... in the right direction?

Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eko HB Usereko HB User
Re: Info about PF

I have PF in one foot. I do not recommend the shots, they can actually damage the tendon and contribute to a rupture. I have an orthotis for my PF and had almost immediate relief.

There are other sites that discuss PF, you may need to be more specific in your search. Try the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, you may find some info there and additional links. We cannot give specific web addresses. Also search heel spurs.

Good Luck -eko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
(female)

seashell1 HB User

There is a lot of info you can find on the internet, as someone else said try "heel spurs", its not exactly the same but it will get you to the site you need. I've had PF for about 3 yrs now, it has got much better but I have worn superfeet inserts the whole time, they are very reasonable in price. In the morning stretch your feet back & forth before getting out of bed. You can try wearing a arch brace (kinda like a ace bandage) Take Ibprofine daily, for inflamation and pain. Have you seen a poditrist yet? If not you should go to get the correct diagnosis then you can be sure. He/she may also tape your feet and this will allow you to walk better. Mine were taped for about 2-3 months, then I taped myself as needed. Don't do the shots, they cause more problems and don't last. Ice your foot when in pain or for relief. NEVER go barefoot!! Wear a good supportive shoe or get New Balance and add the insert. You can also wear Birkenstock sandals, they have support. Good luck, things will improve with time.

Old 11-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #4
(female)

lady neon HB User

I have PF and have had the injections. The others are right about the damage that the injections can cause. I also have the orthotics that really did help, but after having surgery for mortons neuroma I was unable to wear them for over three mos. The pain resumed with no orthotics and putting all my weight on that foot. I had more injections, and with my heel just slipping slightly on carpeted stairs I ruptured the Plantar Fascia. I have pain now even when I'm not putting weight on my foot. Make sure the dr you see tries other things before the injections.

Closed Thread