It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2004, 09:35 PM   #1

baygurl HB User
Question numerous bumps on foot .What could this be?

This started back in february,I noticed some swelling and pain just below the left ankle on the inside of my foot.I thought that maybe my shoes were kind of tight causing swelling and the pain.It lasted for about a month and then went away,I never thought of it again until 2 days ago I was getting out of bed and the pain was back on the inside of my ankle.The pain is mostly prominent when I first wake up,I can barely bare weight on the left foot first thing in the morning.
This evening I was looking at my ankle closer and noticed a lump just below the ankle on the inside of my foot,upon looking closer I noticed I have numerous lumps that start just below the ankle and run to the back of my foot.The lumps are under the skin about 1cm in diameter each,are semi soft and have a white appearance to them.The lumps are not sore but the area between the lumps and the inside of my ankle is very tender.
I have a doctors appointment in 2 weeks and will have him look at this,but am afraid because where I live there are not many advanced medical diagnostics.Does anyone have any Idea what this could be?please help

Old 11-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: numerous bumps on foot .What could this be?

Hi, I may have the same thing, mine are on the top of my foot, about midway btween the toes and ankle. There are three side by side and also look white. Mine do not hurt and have them about 3 months, they are right where my sandles crossed, in other words the area in between the straps.I was just my G/P and showed them to her, she thinks they are scar tissue ot cysts and wants me to se an ortho. surgeon. As far as size goes I cannot tell you in centimeters, but a little bigger than a pea.

Let me know how you make out at the Dr.
Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #3

baygurl HB User
Re: numerous bumps on foot .What could this be?

Thanks for the reply,good luck at the ortho surgeon,My ankle was sore and swollen again this morning when I got up,a little stiff too.I hope my gp does something about it too.

Closed Thread