It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

jc60656 HB User
Stubborn Plantar's Wart

Okay- So I have had a problem with Plantar's warts for about 8 years now. I originally had three clusters on my feet, and I tried the OTC medications, I went to two different podiatrists and had them Lasered, frozen, cauterized, burnt with acid, and have tried being put under anesthesia to have them surgically removed. Two of them have gone away, but one is just refusing. I have even tried do it yourself methods such as tea tree oil, vitamin E, Vitamin A, bleach, and vinegar (and of course I tried cutting them out myself) Does anyone have any advice? My foot is killing me and I am just so sick and tired of going to the doctor and not getting any results.

thanks much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 09:20 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Stubborn Plantar's Wart

This is going to sound so stupid to you but I had to try it. When I was about twelve I had one of these warts on my finger and one on my knee. My mother told me and old wives tale so me and my friend tried it and they seriously went away. I don't know if it really worked or there was some chemical thing involved but here's what she said " Take a potato and cut it in half and rub it on your warts and then bury it in your yard and it dies and rots your warts will also go away.....that's it. I know it is so dumb but we did it and it worked, we talk about that to this day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Wow... finally somebody who has had their "friend" longer than me! I've had one of mine for four or five years now, and he has a younger brother as well. I've tried a few things but I haven't been terribly diligent about it because they aren't painful unless I mess with them. But the thing that worked best for me was simply persistence. I get the over the counter acid stuff in a bottle that you brush onto the wart. Then I have tweezers and nail clippers that I use to get rid of any dead skin before I apply the stuff again. Doing this every day and taking time to scrape and clip away the dead skin got me the best results, although it is a horribly slow process and never seems to end. For the past several months I have just given up and let the boys have free reign over their respective domains on me feet. Maybe one of these days I'll try it again. But I feel your pain. The only other things that I've heard of that you didn't mention are duct tape and banana peels. But I never had much success getting the duct tape to stay in place and I didn't try the other. Good luck.

Old 12-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

jc60656 HB User

lol- i have actually tried the duct tape. I forgot about that one! I haven't tried the banana peel (or i heard garlic works too). Im just so aggravated. Thanks though- its nice to know I am not the only one!

Old 12-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #5
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I had a growth on my ear from an ear piercing that split the cells and made a wart. I had it froze off and it has never come back. You know those have "seeds" in them and spread like wild fire. Cutting them off and things like that only spread them. Somehow you need to get all those little boogers treated maybe at one time. I know they lay deep within the skin...What about surgically removing them? I don't have any anymore thank goodness but I remember them well. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
(male)

Jmor HB User

Good luck with the plantars wart! What I thought was a plantars wart turned out to be an "intractable plantar keratosis". It has a greyish/blue deep running core. Podiatrist claims he can use acid treatments (been thru 3 now) with a 60 to 70% cure rate. I don't think I'm buying it. How can acid burn down into "live" skin (to get the core) without setting you "on fire"? A friend of mine said he has his burned out by a GP using something like a red hot soldering iron (after deadening of course). Said he walked outof the office with no problems since.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #7

wubbogirl HB User

i had a wart like that too. After over a year of freezing and then lazer surgery and it still wouldn't go away. I had to go to the dermatologist ever three weeks for him to freeze it and he told me to soak my foot in very hot water for the wart to form and blister and then finally it went away.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
(female)

franann HB User

What does a planter wart feel like? I am occasionally getting a burning pain on the inner side of the ball of my foot. (pressure point under foot at joint where big toe connects to foot) I was able to exfoliate some of the callous there but there is a little bit of callous left. Is it possible that a planter wart is beginning to grow there?

On the same foot, I sometimes feel like the arch feels bruised and/or is sore.
I got new tennis shoes for exercise and the problem did get better.

Old 02-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #9
(female)

jc60656 HB User

I think its possible to get warts anywhere on the bottom of your feet. (from what I have read) And I can say that they feel like you have a tiny little pebble in your shoe. If you think of a wart on someone's hand, those grow outward and form a bump on the skin. However, plantar's warts grow INWARD- so the way I kind of explain it to my friends is to imagine you have the tip of a toothpick imbedded in the bottom of your foot, and everytime you step on it, you feel the pointy part dig into your foot. Its painful. Plantar's warts are usually circular in shape, and they are described to have a "cauliflower" appearance to them. I don't necessarily know what that is supposed to mean, but as I look at the one on my foot, I kind of understand it. Do a search online for pictures of them and you are bound to find some to compare to whats on your foot. Definately go to a podiatrist as soon as possible though, because the longer you let them go, the deeper and more resistant these things seem to get, and before you know it, you have one living on your foot like I do, that seriously refuses to go away no matter what you do. Good luck! Keep us posted!

Janine

Old 02-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

There are two main things that define a plantar wart. If it is in the very early stages, you may just notice that the pattern of ridges on your foot is disrupted (there is a roundish spot where the lines are interrupted). Later, you may notice black specks in it, which are little blood clots or scabs or something.

Old 02-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #11
(female)

WednesdaysChild HB User
Wink Re: Stubborn Plantar's Wart

Well I do hope that you manage to kill the evil growth in question, but I don't really know how much faith I put into any of the over the counter treatments, all-natural, surgical or any other 'wart' treatment that is available.

I first noticed that I had maybe two or three warts on the bottom of my right foot about 5 years ago, but did nothing to correct them in any way until I noticed that they spread to cover the majority of my heel, and the entirety of the ball of my foot within about a year (there were so many of them!) I thought they were unsightly and so I wanted to get rid of them, because I was very self conscious of my feet due to their presence.

I went to see a podiatrist who told me to buy a pumice and apply salicylic acid treatments regularly, being sure to keep the foot bandaged after having applied the acid. Well I was vigilant and did my treatments every day and followed doctor's orders to the letter only to find that the warts kept spreading!

This started what I consider the 'great plantar wart battle' of my young adulthood. Over the course of the next 3 and a half to 4 years I tried liquid nitrogen, more salicylic acid, lactic acid, duct tape, vitamin A, vitamin E, potatos, banana peels, windex, you name it. I would scrape away dead skin with vigor and reapply, reapply, reapply. But nothing worked..which made me so angry.

So I gave up.

I gave up about 6 months ago, and, like a kick in the pants, my warts are dying. The ones on the ball of my foot are all gone. The other single ones I had on the pad of my foot are gone. Those on the side are gone and there are only little red/black specks left where the giant clusters of warts were on my heel; they'll soon be nothing more than a memory.

Life is just like that sometimes, you know?

Old 04-20-2005, 09:28 AM   #12
(female)

GILLIBABES HB User

What a stupid man told you to rub skin off with a pumice! This would only spread the wee ******* about and give you more! Glad they're going away now for you . Don't know if I would reccommend this, but I cut into my foot with scissors and then pulled the wee black specks out with tweezers (they were more like wee tiny thorns). Anyway they went away and didn't come back.
Would I be right in saying a 'Plantar's Wart' is the same thing as a Verruca and extremely common?

Closed Thread