It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

Jogaholic HB User
plantar's fasciitis

My mom has Plantar's Fasciitis due to the amount of walking she used to do, and its been very painful for her in the past several months. She can't walk for very long now without it acting up and wears supportive shoes all the time. She also ices her foot and wears a brace at times. Is there anything else you can do for this, or does she just have to continue the treatment she's been doing and give it time?

Old 12-03-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

swedes72 HB User
Re: plantar's fasciitis

My mom has the exact same problem and i have the exact same question! i know that doesn't help, but if anyone here has any answers about healing, there is more then one person interested!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #3
(male)

brokenfeet HB User

i have suffered from pf for years and ended up with a callous on each foot. i have just had surgery 3 weeks ago to have a bone scrapped on my left foot and a bone broke and raised on my right foot, hopefully to take the weight off the callouses and let me walk again but it will not give me perfect feet again and sorry to tell but i have not found a cure for it yet. the best thing i had was splints made at the hospital for wearing at night time. they were a good relief when lying down in bed but to awkward to sleep in but the best advice is to keep off your feet as much as possible.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
(female)

annelizly HB User

hi there,
i worked as a [ please carefully review the posting rules - do not reveal your past, current or future profession ] last year. for pl. fas. I would take a plastic pop bottle and fill it with water and freeze it. take another and fill it with hot water. roll the bottle with the bottom of your foot first cold then hot then cold again. do this for about 30 minutes a night. also take ibuprophin , it is an anti inflam. if that doesn't work i would go to the doctor and make sure it isn't a bone spur and also so doctor can tape the foot, that helps sometimes. The last line of defense was celebrex and now thats not gonna happen so.....good luck

Last edited by moderator2; 01-14-2005 at 07:52 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - do not reveal your past, current or future profession

Old 03-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #5
(female)

marljones HB User

I have a question.I've been told I have a heel spur/plantars heel. Rolling heels on a tennis ball helps. The hot & cold water bottle sounds ideal as I get burning sensations there.i am finding that my knees are really chronic and have begged for an MRI to check for ligament or cartlidge damage..Got told to go to physio first. My question is: can plantars heel cause such chronic pain in the knees and leg? Some days l just cry cause its too painful to exercise using a treadmill and crawling in and out of my pool. I don't know if l am doing further damage..doctors seem to put me in the too hard basket and l seem to have so many symptoms of many diseases. Can anyone shed a light?

Last edited by marljones; 03-26-2005 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread