It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 04:08 AM   #1

Daligani HB User
Foot pain, big toe pain. HELP!

As if I don't have enough problems already (probable Fibromyalgia, possible MS), now I have new issues causing pain. I'm a 30 yr old female and have been having problems with muscle/joint pain/weakness for almost 4 years now.

I have no clue what's going on with my feet lately. About a month ago, They both started hurting on the soles. It feels as if I've been on my feet wearing high heels every day. They throb, they burn, and at times they get a tingling sensation where I can barely feel the floor underneath me when barefoot. It's never on the top of my feet, only on the bottom. It all started out as a once or twice a week thing.. now it's almost every day - ALL day.

For the past week I've had some new problems. When at rest, my second toe (next to the big toe) on my right foot keeps having cramps. My toe will all of a sudden point straight down and I CANNOT bend the dang thing back up. It lasts about 15-20 minutes at times and is very painful. This has been happening every single day. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with what position I am in. I could be sitting, standing, lying down, whatever. It's happened in the middle of the night and woken me up.

Also for the past week, my big toes have been hurting. Usually not as much during the day, but the pain comes on very quickly and ALSO usually wakes me up at night. There's no redness or swelling anywhere, my big toes just throb like crazy.. almost like I've stubbed my toes extremely hard, but I haven't. The right toe is the worst.. the left toe is an occasional thing. The majority of the pain seems to come from the middle of my toes up to the tip. Not where the toe meets the foot.

Anyone have a clue what on earth is going on? I don't have ingrown toenails.. I'm not on my feet alot.. I'm home every day, so I don't wear shoes all the time. I AM flat footed (pretty badly).. could that have anything to do with it?

Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 AM   #2
(female)

Dee74 HB User
Re: Foot pain, big toe pain. HELP!

Hrmm, lots of views on the post, but no answers.. does this mean no one has a clue, or my post is too long?

Old 12-08-2004, 04:17 AM   #3
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Daligani was my old SN, why on earth it logged me in as that when I posted this thread is totally beyond me.

But..
Daligani and Dee74 are the same people - ME.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
(female)

despnhurtn HB User

Hi Dee - I think the reason no one has posted is because you have so many things going on at the same time that it doesn't set off one red flag. I presume you are seeing a good neurologist for your possible FMS or MS. This could be connected...so please call that office and give them your symptoms and get in to see them. The difficult thing with your symptoms is that it is not in one area nor related to any recent injury, etc. I know peripheal neuropathy can do weird things also, do a search on that and see if any of your symptoms fit. Please see someone soon....my thoughts are with you and keep us posted...Beth

Old 12-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

despnhurtn HB User

Oh Dee - One more thing, I am a fibro sufferer for last six years. Many of our problems may stem from a vitamin B 12 deficiency. Do a search on vitamin B 12 deficiency symptoms, you will be amazed. My new insurance kicks in Jan. first, and my doctor will be running the test for that. Many peoples ailments have cleared up once on a large amount of B12 for a while, then normal daily supplement helps. Just a thought for you to check, thanks, Beth

Old 12-09-2004, 05:07 AM   #6
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Thank you for replying

I've only seen my neuro once and he's ordered an MRI of the head and spine. I won't be able to have it done until January though.. darn copays and the lack of money because of Christmas!

This toe pain just makes me INSANE. I'm used to pain now since I've dealt with it for so long, but this toe pain is just one of those things that is impossible to ignore, especially when it wakes me up at night.

Grrr.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

kelsey1 HB Userkelsey1 HB User

i also have big toe pain i don't know whats goings on? I can't even stcrech my toes out so if you do find out anything let us know. kelsey

Closed Thread