It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 06:21 AM   #1
(male)

Craig22 HB User
Not Athlete's Foot(?)

I have a continuing problem which has been an issue for a number of years. The prominent areas on the skin on the underside of my feet such as my heels, the balls and the underside of my big toes are the subject of what i can only describe as 'pitting'. The skin develops circular 'craters' which look as though the skin is being eaten away some how. If left unchecked, these can become quite deep and often join together to increase the dimensions of the pitting. This causes the skin in these areas to be irregular and often causes acute discomfort when standing or walking for long periods. The only thing which eleviates this is to act on the area witha foot rasp after soaking in a hot bath. This smooths the pits and peaks between the pit and reduces the irritation.
I get none of the more recognised symptons of Ath.Ft and I am always particular to ensure I change socks and rotate which shoes I wear every day or so. I use Daktarin Gold and foot powder almost as a matter of course. After I've used the rasp the problem reduces, but has never really gone away. DR's have said that this may be a reaction to the materials used to line shoes, but from my experience this does not seem to be linked.
Does anyone have similar experience and or suggestions as to the cause and any potential ways to reduce/cure?

Old 12-07-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
(male)

Bulakatos72 HB User
Re: Not Athlete's Foot(?)

i have the same thing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
(male)

Bulakatos72 HB User
Re: Not Athlete's Foot(?)

i use a foot scrub stone you can find it at walgreens just ask an employee where it is.

Closed Thread