It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2004, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

FunEFoot HB User
large space between big toe and second toe after bunion surgery, is this normal?

I'm 5 days post op and it looks like the space between my big toe and my second toe is now rather large and I was wondering if this was normal for right after surgery? Does anyone know if the space is supposed to close up over time? Did this happen to anyone else?

Old 12-21-2004, 04:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eko HB Usereko HB User
Re: large space between big toe and second toe after bunion surgery, is this normal?

I assume by your question, that the big toe over time had pushed your toes over to the side and now you have a gap between the big and second toe. I had that happen, my Dr. told me that he thought over time my toes may move back, but if it bothered me he could do a ligament release. I passed on that, deciding I had been through enough and just wanted to give my feet a break and the gap has narrowed somewhat but I am doubtful that it will look "normal", or whatever normal is.

I also had done some research and another source suggested a capsulotomy, or cutting the joint capsule, taping the toes into position and having the scar tissue hold them in place.

You are only five days post-op, let your foot finish healing. Best wishes -eko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread