It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

samboblue228 HB User
Unhappy After Neuroma Surgery

I was allowed to return to work 4 days after my surgery. I have an office job. But I am still having some problems. My foot is really sore but it has been stepped on a lot by my children. And my toes turn blue for no reason at all I can be up standing or laying down with my foot up but it still happens and when it does it hurts like hell. I wonder if I should call my doctor I do see him on thursday. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2004, 11:00 AM   #2

CJBermuda HB User
Re: After Neuroma Surgery

Maybe you need to keep your foot elevated a bit longer. While at work I suggest you put a box under your desk and keep your foot elevated. See your Dr on Thursday or even call him before. You need to let your foot heel as much as you can and keep it elevated.

Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 08:36 PM   #3
(female)

lady neon HB User

I think you really need to check with your dr. I had a neuromectomy and osteotomy in April. My Dr. had me keep my foot elevated for the first 10 days after surgery. Just trips to the bathroom and nothing else. I used a foam wedge to keep it elevated at night too. He said if I kept to his recovery program that my swelling would be minimal and with little swelling I would heal faster. Also he had me ice it for 20/30 min several times a day. Right after the surgery he told me that my outcome would be much better if I followed his instructions for recovery and didnt over do it.

During my research before the surgery I had heard of people that were up and around in just a few days. So I figured my Dr. was just being over cautious. Well after the surgery I could tell that my foot needed to rest. I was lucky that my children are almost grown and my husband was able to take care of me. If he had to work he'd leave a small cooler with something for me to eat and drink so I wouldnt have to get up. Good luck and do tell the Dr. about all the pain your having. It cant be helping you heal to have all that pain.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Inactive

ronnald_b HB User

Hi, CJ!

Had my bone scan. No stress fractures. So I guess I meet with the podiatrist again. (He diagnosed me with capsulitis), so not sure what he wants to do next.

(Sorry for being OT.)

Old 01-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #5

CJBermuda HB User

Hi Ronald,
Happy New Year! Sorry for the delay been on vacation.

Do you think you will go for another opinion?

Iam still in pain waiting for my results from my MRI. Will keep you posted.

thanks

Last edited by CJBermuda; 01-09-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 PM   #6
Inactive

ronnald_b HB User

Hi CJ,
I saw my new podiatrist. He said I have capsulitis. I had a bone scan that was negative. I'm seeing the pod tomorrow. I'm not sure what else he's going to tell me, I have a feeling that I need to keep off my feet for a while to see if that will help.

Oh, and a new thing cropped up. I get a lot of twitching lately, wakes me up too. Buzz like sensations throughout my body. I doubt it's got anything to do with my feet, but taking pain relievers seem to make it worse, so I've been trying to cut down on those.

Let me know what they say about the MRI.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #7

CJBermuda HB User

Hey Ronald,

The body twitching sounds strange you might want to see you GP for that.

I will keep you posted on the MRI results..

I was diagnosed with Capsulitis in the beginning as well. Actualy I feel that I have both Capsulitis and Neuroma..

talk soon.

Closed Thread