It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

pamelajean HB User
Question Top of my foot hurts when I bend my big toe!

Two days ago, we got a new dance game for our Xbox. Somewhere during that first hour of playing, the upper part of my left foot began to hurt. (Forefoot?) I can walk fine. It hurts whenever I bend my big toe up or down. And you can put your finger on the sore spot (on top of the foot), and when you move the toe up or down, it feels kinda.... squeaky? I know that sounds stupid, but, it does. The other foot does not feel like that. The foot is slightly swollen, as I can tell by my shoe is leaving imprints in my foot, and not the other foot. No big red mark or anything. I've elevated it, etc.. the only thing that makes it feel better is a heating pad... that makes it where I can bend my toe a little farther without pain, but I still have that squeaky feeling when I bend it.

What the heck could this be? A strain, sprain, broken bone, torn something? And how long should I try wait before I call the doc?

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2005, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eko HB Usereko HB User
Re: Top of my foot hurts when I bend my big toe!

Too much dancing... My guess would be a strain or mild sprain, I'd give it a couple of weeks. It you are able to walk fine without pain, I'd just just the foot and give it a rest. If it gets worse, then it is time to re-evaluate the situation. Best wishes -eko

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #3

Mpls21 HB User

It may be too late now, but I'd use ice instead of heat during the first 48 to 72 hours on any injury. While heat will give relief temporarily, in the long run the ice will reduce the swelling and help whatever may be injured to heal faster.

That said, It sounds like a sprain, unless the dancing involved a lot of jumping or stomping. Your foot is probably not used to all the twisting those dance pads have you doing.

If it's still sore to the touch in a few days I'd consider having it checked, but if you can walk and all, I'd give it a few weeks.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
(male)

engdahl80 HB User

Hi!

I am so glad i found this thread! I have the EXACT, on the spot same thing as you. The pain is on top of the foot and it 'squeaks' when i bend my big toe up and down, and it hurts like hell.
I haven't done anything special, no running, power walking or any sports activity. (Only been walking in a strange way on my left foot because of a broken shoe for 3 days). Is it some sort of fracture? Or something with a joint or anything?

Best regards,
Engdahl

Old 05-08-2008, 04:47 AM   #5
(female)

Dark_Light HB User

I am not sure, but I think if you had broken the bone you would be in a lot of pain and you wouldn't be able to walk properly at all. It sounds like you have sprained it quite bad, a sprain can cause your foot to swell. I think icing and elevation will help, but it would be better to get it checked out to avoid causing further problems. Have you tried taking Ibuprofen for the swelling and pain?

Take care it easy

Old 05-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

I was shocked when my older sister who gardens alot in her yard was complaining of pain in her foot or toes. I can't remember at this moment.

she kept complaining about it and went to the dr for something else and decided to tell her dr that somewhere on her foot hurt.

they did an x-ray and guess what the results were?

a hair line fracture and she didn't even know who she got it.

she's not an active person and doesn't do any form of excerise other than her gardening.

we were totally surprised.

so my answer would be, yes, you could have a very slight fracture and not know it.

Closed Thread