It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

rbstarr HB User
Anyone happy with long term results?

Isn't the whole point of Bunion surgery to get rid of the pain? Hearing about the long recovery, and all that can go wrong, is it really worth it? When I asked my os if this surgery would allow me to take long walks without getting sore feet, his response was "well, your foot will never be normal, we can only correct the deformity". Has anyone had a full recovery yet? And if so is the pain gone? How long does it take to fully recover?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
(female)

chezlux HB User
Re: Anyone happy with long term results?

Hi! I had my right foot done last March and I am so happy with the results. I just had the second foot done last week. The recovery is slow and I am not sure about two feet at once, but I felt great about three months post op. I have no pain in that foot now and I am a nurse and work long hours on my feet. Ofcourse, some days I have soreness, but rarely. Also, at six weeks post op I could get around alot better, so I started PT and exercises and that really helped with my good outcome. Good LUck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

Maya49 HB User
Cool Re: Anyone happy with long term results?

hi there!
In answer to your question....yes, I am very happy with my results of the bunion surgery...I had the surgery in the summer of 2003...it was a long recup period....at least 6 months before I really felt back to "normal"...I found the recup period much longer than I anticipated...but, worth it?..a definite YES!!

Closed Thread