It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

crazygirl77 HB User
Random Foot Pain?

Hi
For the past year or so, I have been having intermittent foot pain. It is sometimes in my heel, sometimes my toes, sometimes the side of my foot...it can be a burning pain, sometimes sharp...but it comes and goes throughout the day. Went to a podiatrist who told me that my sesamoid bones are not in place and that could be causing the pain-but from what I have read about that, that causes throbbing pain only in that area, and I have it everywhere and its on and off. He also did a sharp dull test which he said I did perfectly on. I am nervous that I have neuropathy. I am going to another podiatrist next week, but does anyone else have this type of pain? Thanks

Old 01-14-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User
Re: Random Foot Pain?

I had a broken sesamoid and had pain not only in that area but all over the foot. I had that sesamoid taken out and the other one ended up out of place. I had pain in that area, the other side of my foot as well as in all my toes and sometimes the heal. The only reason I think the pain was everywhere was because I found that I was walking differently to avoid putting pressure on the actual area that hurt. Find a good DR ...ask ALOT of questions... and read all you can...It could be the sesamoids but make sure they check everything else too, second opinions are a MUST.
Good luck to you, I hope you find an answer soon, I know how frustrating it can be, I walked around with that broken sesamiod for a year before I found a DR that could help me...5 surgeries later I hope it will at last be well. I am not trying to scare you I just want you to know how important it is to persistant with your care, I learned the hard way! If I can help at all just ask!
dlh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

crazygirl77 HB User

hi...thanks for replying. Did you have any burning with the pain? And did you go to a podiatrist for this? It is so frustrating! I am really scared that it is peripheral neuropathy.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

I had some burning but not too much...I saw so many DR at first, ortho was no help and finally found a pod that had tons of confidence he could help...which he did. You have to feel comfortable with whom you choose, I personally prefer a pod when it comes to my feet but that is just my opinion. The pain was not always the same, depended on my activity, how long I was on my foot the kinda of shoes i wore...I do remember it hurt like heck to walk normally though. I am not very sure about nueropathy as I did not have that, what is that?
dlh

Closed Thread