It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2005, 03:20 PM   #1

Filmrobe HB User
narrow feet, high arch, and sharp heels

While I have for some years had back problems that a chiropracter early on said emanated from my neck, and which has since progressed to more widespread issues concerning my back, I recently have begun to suspect that the real underlying problem has always been my "feet". I am 6 feet tall and have these really narrow feet, a high arch, and big "sharp" heels that always make holes in my socks. The heels of my shoes always showed premature and irregular wear because of the way I walked. (SAS shoes has managed to slow down the process of wearing out my shoes.)

Recently, my wife got her shoes equipped with orthotics to deal with painful feet (bony spurs) and, although it took time for her to adjust to wearing them, she has recently informed me that it has really helped her back (alignment) problems as well. Since it has helped her, she wonders if I should try this approach in dealing with my back problems, because of the concerns I expressed about my feet.

Am I a good candidate for orthotics?

Old 01-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #2

StephanieVD HB User
Re: narrow feet, high arch, and sharp heels

I would see a podiatrist, high arched feet are different from flat and require certain kinds of orthotics usually.. See a doc!! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
(male)

cableguyalpha HB User

Hello,

Custom fit arch supports are a good remedy. They will re-align the foot structures.
Which balances the foot properly. Orthotics are expensive, but there are some cost effective solutions. I wear Archatomics-custom arch supports. You can find them on the web. And is very affordable and easy to order.
Their site also shows how to relieve pressure off of certain foot structures, which is great for all kinds of foot types.
I'm a flat foot, and very happy!
Hope the best. Mike

Old 01-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #4

Filmrobe HB User

Thanks, Mike and Stephanie for your encouraging replies. My impression is that orthotics would be an effective therapeutic intervention for my feet. I plan to talk to my doctor because he's the one that has to refer me to a foot doctor. My hope is that positive results for my feet will, over time, get reflected in the overall improvement in the alignment of my back. Fortunately our coverage covers the cost of orthotics once every 3 years.

Last edited by Filmrobe; 01-20-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Old 01-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #5

StephanieVD HB User

Your coverage is better than mine.. It doesn't cover them at all so its about $375 for a pair.. Hurts the pocket a lot.. Good luck!!

Closed Thread