It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #1
(male)

backslash HB User
Question Weird, hard.. thing.

I think I've probably had this thing for around 5 or 6 years at the least.. It came out of nowhere and I've not seen anything like it before and I don't know if there's a name for it. It's the one thing I'm the most self-conscious about on my entire body, and recently it's also been causing me pain (how nice of it ) almost constantly. It's just a hard.. thing.

Here's what I've tried:

It seems like it's just a bunch of dead skin, so I tried cutting it away with a razor blade (I know that's probably not the best idea, but still..) and that didn't work.. I tried pushing the skin around it together and super gluing it shut and that didn't work.. I tried scraping some dead skin remover on it for hours at a time and that didn't work.. I tried that brush-on wart remover stuff many many days and that didn't work.. I tried pulling at it with tweezers and ripping out as much of it as I could, but it just grew back (it's like hard skin forms a bowl and then there's just dead, hard, rough skin inside that seems to grow up like grass in that it can be rubbed away or pulled out with tweezers).

Nothing's working. I would really prefer a non-surgical way to take care of this, but I'd really like anyone's suggestions. As I've said before, it's the one thing on my body I'm most self-conscious about, and it's been causing me lots of pain recently, especially when walking on it (it gets pushed on all day long, any time I take a step).

Last edited by Administrator; 01-21-2005 at 08:03 PM. Reason: do NOT post commnets about editings!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

seashell1 HB User
Re: Weird, hard.. thing.

Just where is this thing located? Is it on your foot & what part of it? What does it look like? Need more info if you want an answer to your question.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
(female)

imhdab HB User

My husband has something like that on top of his foot, near his ankle. I don't think his hurts him but again, it's on the top and doesn't get much pressure, etc.

His doc told him it was just a growth and nothing to worry about. I'll ask him for more info on it tomorrow...

~Heather

P.S. Don't ya just love when you hear things like: "It's just a growth" --? AUUGH!

Last edited by imhdab; 01-21-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #4
(female)

seashell1 HB User

it sounds like it could be a corn or a callous. There really isn't much that can be done for them... I've tried everything myself. OR... maybe a bone pushing through. You may need to have it checked, then you will know what your dealing with.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Inactive

Anybody HB User

Could be a plantar wart. Whatever - go to the doctor and have it removed!

Closed Thread