It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

Loud HB User
Unhappy Need Help For Recurrent Athlete's Foot

Hi, folks. I have suffered with athlete's foot for a good two years now...usually in my right foot/toe region. That finally clearned up and now my left toes are really inflamed. I had been putting medicated foot powder on after showering every night...I know to bleach my socks...I don't wash my house slippers or shoes enough, I know...
Does anyone have a good remedy for this problem? I have used two brands of athlete's foot sprays; and anti-fungal creams. They work to a limited degree; but the problem never really clears up totally. I now have been socking my foot in bleach/water solution twice a day; for 15 minutes at a time. I looked up home remedies for athlete's foot, online yesterday.
I was wondering if any of you had sucessfully gotten rid of athletes foot. I also have toe nail fungas: it affects two toes on my right food. I never have gotten that cleared up either. But this itching from athletes foot is killing me! Any ideas/suggestions? Deb

Old 02-01-2005, 10:23 PM   #2
(female)

seashell1 HB User
Re: Need Help For Recurrent Athlete's Foot

I've had the same problem, I am dealing with it now. Have you tried spraying your shoes with Lysol or antifungal spray? Lamisil works well but you must use it 2 times a day. Then when the problem is over use it every now & then.... which I haven't been doing. If I can get this problem under control I will be using some sort of cream every day for a while. You might consider trying Oreganol, or tea tree oil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #3

verylongday HB User

I suggest Lamasil -- not the topical, but the actual presctiption that you take orally. I had bouts of this for over a decade - it was very bad. My feet would crack and bleed, the nails were getting bad. It just plain hurt. My father had the same condition for most of his life as well and nothing either of us tried really worked.

About 9 or so years ago I went to a doctor who suggested I get the necessary bloodwork done so I would try the three month course of Lamasil. I did so and after a month my feet were so much better. I never finished the course of the drugs because my insurance didnt cover it and it was VERY expensive at the time.

At my suggestion, my father asked his doctor about it and he, too, had a fantastic revcovery.

After that one month of medication (over 9 years ago) I have NEVER had another reoccurance and one would never know I previously had those problems.

I highly suggest you consult your doctor! :-)

Old 02-02-2005, 12:58 PM   #4
(female)

lady neon HB User

I can't help with the athletes foot but I did use something for the nail fungus that worked. Tea tree oil. My podiotrist told me about it. I cant take that pill for the toe nail fungus because of the side effects on the liver. I already take one liver toxic drug and he said thats enough. You can get it at Wal-Mart, or GNC, its cheaper at Wal-Mart. I just put it on the affected toe twice a day, make sure you get some under the nail too. It took several months but its all better now. About a year to get it all grown out. Good luck to you.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #5

CharlieBo HB User

I had athlete's foot for years until I started dragging my sock between my toes before I put it on. You can even drag the sock between your toes after you take it off at night but just the top part of the sock, not the foot.

Closed Thread