It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 10:30 PM   #1

go girl HB User
Lady Neon update

Haven't heard from you in awhile, wanted to know how you were doing. I don't think my foot will ever feel normal again. I've gotten back to most of my regular activities thou, with just minor pain. I tried to go back to indoor soccer saturday and I still cannot sprint, to painful and dont want to push it. I feel I walk a little on the outside side of my foot. I've also notice that the knee on the same side is starting to ache and there is a poping/cracking sound/feeling everytime I extend it. I think it's from walking funny on it so long. It has been slowly getting better over time, but I have a feeling I will have problems with it forever. Let me know how your recovery is going. I hope it's going good.
go Girl

Old 02-03-2005, 04:23 AM   #2
(female)

lady neon HB User
Re: Lady Neon update

go girl- My recovery has pretty much been the same as yours. Slow but steady. I've also come to terms that my foot isnt going to be the same anymore. It seem so stiff and achy still.

I had only one complication that I'm still puzzled by. The toe that is on the right of my scar is limp from the first joint out. I can't really bend it and dont have much control over it. When I had the bandages off the first time that toe was very stiff and right away drifted to the right overlapping the next toe. I had no control over it at all. I showed it to my Dr. at my next visit and he said "no problem", I can fix that right here in my office". I should of run, not walked out of his office right then and there. He did what he called a ligament release in his office a few days later. He taped that toe to the other ones on each side kind of like a cast. I kept that on for 3 wks. Now when I walk I can feel it flopping.. I confronted him about it and asked him what happened. His response was "what do you expect? I had to cut the tendon". I might be wrong but I sure dont remember seeing anywhere that you have to cut the tendon to remove a neuroma. I've posted on this site and others trying to find out if this is how it should of turned out, or if he did something wrong, but I really didnt get much feedback. I've had to wait a while for a second opinoin because of my insurance. I have an appointment tomorrow, I hope this guy is unbiased.

Last year was kind of a yucky year healthwise for me. I had the neuroma surgery in April. A hysterectomy the end of June, the ligament release in July. Then on halloween I tripped up the basement stairs and ruptured my plantar fascia in the other foot. Sorry I've rambled on so, thanks for thinking of me.

Kathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 09:19 AM   #3

CJBermuda HB User

Lady Neon,

Hello. Its CJ. I hear you talking about liagament release. I had this in April 2004. I thought I had a neuroma surgery but after the Dr. finally explained it was liagament release.

To be honest I have had no RELEASE of pain. I am still seeking out help. I have learned that liagament release surgery does not have a very good success rate. Have you heard of cryosurgery I am looking into that as well. I have learned that most folks seek out a neuroctemy (sp) after liagement rlease surgery becuase they are in so much pain.. hense me...

I am trying to make my next decision the best decision. The Dr. who performed the liagament release said that I need to give it 6 months. At 6 months he told me to give it a year. Now he is telling me to go running and that may help...

Thus I do not go to him anymore.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
(female)

lady neon HB User

Hi CJ its good to here from you again. I had the Neuromectomy first the osteotomy then also to give the nerve thats left more room. The Ligament release was almost two months later and was supposed to be just to straighten out my toe. Well the toe isnt really straight now and I cant move it or control it in any way. Most of my pain is gone. I only have a problem if I'm on my feet for a long time, then it hurts a little and aches.

I remember you saying you were having a ligament release. I wasnt sure then what that was, but now I know its just done to give the inflammed nerve more room and isnt always successful. My Pod only gave me removal of the neuroma as what would work for me. It didnt sound like alot of fun so I waited as long as I could. I work in a large auto assembly plant and after my shift I would litteraly be the last one out to the parking lot.

Im getting a second opinion on what can be done for my gimpy toe. Good luck to you and I hope you find a solution to your pain.

Closed Thread