It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #1

bulldogsbuddha HB User
Angry major foot problem help

i fell down stairs at work and was originally diagnosed with a sprain. i have been back and forward to hospital.
i am unable to weight bare,i am in plaster and have been for the last 12 weeks but as soon as plaster is removed pain is unbearable. i have palpatations all up my leg but not constantly and extensive muscle wastage as leg is unused. pain is down right outside of right foot when plaster removed and leg acts like a paralised leg when i try and weight bare.
accident happened on october 6th 2004 so been almost 5 months now with no weight bearing.
any ideas please getting very depressed and fed up with plaster and no mobility.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
(female)

crzygrl_78 HB User
Re: major foot problem help

I know exactly what you are going through, I fell in August of 2004 and I am still dealing with a painful, swollen ankle that is unable to bear full weight. I sure you have had xrays done but what about an MRI? Has the Dr discussed taking you out of the plaster cast and into a walking boot? I started in a plaster cast with my foot broke in two places and a grade three sprain, but had complications with swelling and have been in a walking boot and crutches since October.

What do you mean when you say your leg asks like it is paralized? Has the doc considered any type of PT to prevent additional atrophy of the leg muscles. Even if you cannot bear weigh they can work your leg/ankle/foot for you to prevent any more muscle lose and maybe provide some relief or answers.

Get an MRI if you haven't already to find out what is going on in there. If you had an MRI what did it show? Is the pain only in your foot or is it in you ankle? Have you gotten a second opinion?

I know how upsetting it can be to be stuck without answers, especially when you are not mobile and dependent on others. Fill us in with a little more info and I might be able to offer a little advice, or maybe just some support as you fight through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #3

igel44 HB User
Re: major foot problem help

I agree with the previous poster about the MRI. Have you had one done and if so what did it show? If you have not yet had one you definitely want to see about having one done. Have you tried and PT or exercises that don't require putting full weight on your foot?

Closed Thread