It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

Turkey Sub HB User
3 months post Plantar Fasciotomy Surgery and toe is numb

Has anyone experienced this? All of my toes were numb shortly after the surgery. I was told this was normal from the tourniquet used during surgery. a few days later they all woke up except one. 3 months later it is still numb and I have some tingling up and down the top of my foot leading to this toe.
The Dr. says he has done surgeries where he's had the tourniquet on for much much longer (mine was only on for 8 mins) and never had this problem. Also, he says his cutting was no where near any nerves that affect that toe.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 02-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
(female)

Turkey Sub HB User
Re: 3 months post Plantar Fasciotomy Surgery and toe is numb

Anyone have any thoughts? Toe is still numb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

could be the nerves just havent come back yet...it happened to me once. This has nothing to do with the foot but I had a wisdom tooth out and my lip was numb for a year...sometimes it just takes time for everything to heal correctly. hope it all works out for you, hang in there!
dlh

Old 03-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
(female)

KarynLR HB User

Hmmm... I had numbness in the lateral side of my foot after plantar fasciotomy, and it turned out that the lateral plantar nerve had been severed when the PF was cut. While I don''t think this is the case with you (the nerve that innervates the big toe is in a different place than the LPN), keep following up with your doc and press for answers. It could be some swelling, so ask for some PT. If it still doesn't get better, get a nerve study, EMG, done. My DPM (who was horrible) brushed the problem off as the "tourniquet problem", and as it turns out, it really was a severed nerve.

--Karyn

Old 03-08-2005, 06:03 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

Hi,
Im a newbie, I Have a question, It will probably be to late till I get a response but, I am goin in for Ligament reconstruction on my ankle, I had spinal fusion last April. I fell down stairs because of numbness in legs and sprained my ankle, My question is. Will they put me out or just a nerve Block? I ask my doctor, But all he said is they will PROBABLY put me out because of my back surgery. Does anyone know ? I dont want any more shots in my spine,

Thank you.

Closed Thread