It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 03:44 AM   #1
(female)

sungirlcali HB User
Question Pain in Foot while Bones Heal?

I was in a car accident about a month ago and broke my foot from my pressing the brake so hard...

I'm in a non-weight baring cast and my next appt is end of this month. I'm supposed to get the cast off. I sustained 7 fractures in my foot, one being my heel. I was lucky in that the bones lined up and the orthopedic surgeon said that I don't need surgery. Just need to stay off the foot for 2 months.

Anyway, I've starting having some shooting, almost burning pains in the back of my heel. I wonder if this is normal? Is it normal to feel some pain while bones are heeling? Or should I be concerned. The pain comes and goes and is in different places. But the one that I'm most concerned about is in the back of my heel because it almost feels like a stinging sensation.

Any info or advice would be great!

Last edited by sungirlcali; 03-10-2005 at 03:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

sharonssorefoot HB User
Re: Pain in Foot while Bones Heal?

hummm, I am no expert on ankles but I will tell you after being off my left foot for 6 weeks after a bunionectomy my ankle was super sore and stiff and has that wierd shooting pain sensation sometimes. But, to be on safe side, it wouldn't hurt to get an xray!

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

I would get an X ray too just to be safe but you will feel some weird stuff while you are healing. I did not break a bone but had to have my joint fused and the bone is growing together now, I have had alot of the burning, stinging pain you mentioned and I told the Dr...he does X rays at every visit to be safe but did tell me it was normal for me too feel that kind of pain...which I have now by the way..LOL.
hope you heal up quickly!!!
dlh

Old 03-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #4

igel44 HB User

How long have you had shooting pains for? After I had surgery on my ankle (that involved bone) I had shooting and burning pains for a few weeks after I had the surgery but those pains went away until I got off crutches. They came back for awhile but once I started rehab the shooting pains started going away. I broke my ankle a few months ago but didn't have any shooting pains after the first week or so, but I don't know what it would be like for you since you have 7 fractures. What you are experiencing could be from being off your foot for several weeks or it could be something else. I wish I could give you something better to go on but it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

Closed Thread