It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

girl12345 HB User
One leg is longer than the other!

I have been going to a massage therapist for a bad back and he mentioned that I have one leg longer than the other. He states that it is a half inch longer and is what is causing me a lot of my back problem. He believes that it happened when I broke my leg a year and a half ago. I broke the tibia and fibula. I had two surgeries sine then, one to put a plate in and one to take the plate out. The massage therapist said that he has a couple of recommendations for my back doctor, but will not tell me what. I am a little worried. What could be done to fix this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
(female)

imhdab HB User
Re: One leg is longer than the other!

I'm not sure of a permanent fix but a friend of mine has this same problem due to an injury and he wears a 'lift' in one of his shoes. That helps his pain a lot and keeps him more balanced.

I'd ask your doc about anything permanent that he or she might be able to do.

Hope this helps,
~Heather

Last edited by imhdab; 04-12-2005 at 10:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

my husband has the same problem due to a broken leg many years ago. A couple of freinds also have the same rpoblem...it seems to be common though and most of them have knee or lower back pain. No one I know had had anything done though, they just deal with it.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
(female)

girl12345 HB User

I would just deal with it, but since I already have a bad back, they think that this will just hurt it more. They make it sound like this could make me re-hurt my back (herniated disk) and have to start from step one again with fixing it. I have been working hard to heal my back for a while and do not want to do it all again.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dlh HB User

Please dont think I meant for you to "just deal with it"..... thats not what I meant at all!!!!! I was just saying that the people I know do. By all means pursue treatment!!! I wish all the luck in the world. And truely hope you find an option that works for you!!!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
(female)

girl12345 HB User

dlh,
I did not mean to sound upset. I was just saying that I do not think that just leaving it will work for me. I am going to talk to my back doctor and see what he says, but he will probably want to do something about it. It is making my back worst and my posture is bad partly because of it.

Norah,
I do not live anywhere near Michigan, so I will not be able to go there. But, I will keep that in mind.

Closed Thread