It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

Locket25 HB User
Angry Hot feet hurt and burn at night preventing sleep

I have burning feet at night which keep me awake. Anyone else have this? any treatment? even in middle of winter my feet burn and stop me sleeping
max

Old 04-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
(male)

lbb87 HB User
Re: Hot feet hurt and burn at night preventing sleep

I have the same problem but this doesn't happen every night. It usually happens more in the summer as it's very, very cold in the house in the winter and very warm in the summer. I've found that running cool water over my feet or sticking them in a bucket of cool water will make the burning go away for several hours. Although, since I don't know why my feet get hot, I don't know if sticking them in cool water is entirely safe.

My doctor said it could be Raynaud's syndrome or some sort of nerve problem and referred me to a neurologist. Unfortunately, my insurance got cancelled before I got to go to the neurologist. I'm also wondering if it could be the beginning stages of Restless Legs syndrome. My grandma has that and every disease she gets, I eventually get too. Very strange.

I would like to hear if anyone else has this problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 04:53 AM   #3
(female)

feetfirst HB User

I do have Restless Legs syndrome, but not hot or burning feet. Restless Legs syndrome affects my legs only.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
(female)

Louthedog HB User

check out for
arterial disease
venous stasis disease
do you smoke?
do you have diabetes?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
(female)

tealeaf17 HB User

hi,
i have this condition too. my feet can be cold and also hot with a swirly burning feeling at the same time. sometimes they'll just be hot and burning and other times they're just cold - even in the summer. i'm not sure what it is but i do think it may have to do something with the immune system (auto immune problem). i also have chronic fatigue syndrome and i believe it is all related. i don't think it's serious as i've had it for a number of years. i brought it up to my doctor some years ago but she didn't really have much to say about it. she was treating me for cfs at the time. i also know that this can be nerve related as well. i just had a bunionectomy and for a couple of nights i had really bad pain with that hot burning swirling feeling. i figured out that i had my ace bandage on too tight. i spoke to my dr. about it and he said the nerve was being compressed - obviously by the ace bandage. (maybe somehow auto immune situations can affect the nerves as well?) anyway, i hope i helped you a little bit. i probably should do some more research on it myself

Closed Thread