It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 04:04 AM   #1
(female)

Location: Central Coast, California - about 5 minutes from the ocean
Gourmet Gayle HB User
To Linda (Rollargirl) - "re: response to Jessica"

Hi Again Linda: I started reading post again {wrote a new one today on this board} - and related to what you said to Jessica - ""Just prior to surgery and the first couple of days after are the worst! "" Must agree, that today I started getting antsy as hell, and know I'll probably be climbing the wall before Wednesday with anticipation of the dreaded operation. You said PRIOR TO SURGERY (along with first couple days after) were worse -- HOW SO?
As much as I'm nervous, I'm still trying to "do it all" with the time I have left on 2 feet. Prepared a Father's Day Dinner BBQ today for 20 close family & friends - pretty typical for me (Gourmet Gayle, remember) HA HA.... just trying to keep a fast pace and busy, so I won't think about going to hospital. And I'm knitting whenever time allows. Will get a manicure and half a pedicure (one foot) tomorrow, then continue to spin around the house cleaning, re-organizing, and obsessing!! I've gone back to some of your old threads and read again - as I printed most, and made up a binder to refer to, and must tell you this board, and the people (like you) who take time to write about the one thing we all share in common, is the most support ever. It's now 3:30 in the morning... and I'm on this computer, wide awake, while the rest of the world is sleeping : does that indicate how jittery I am? or what? Will stay tuned Rollargirl. GG ((~.~))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

rollargirl HB User
Re: To Linda (Rollargirl) - "re: response to Jessica"

Hi GG--I imagine you have two thoughts right now--the oh no its in two days and the hurry up and get here so I can quit worrying about the operation. Those two times were the worst for me for different reasons. The days prior as similar to what you are experiencing (for the second time)--pure anxiety mixed with a bit of fear, a dose of aprehension and a lot of dread when I enter the hospital door. More than once I wanted to get up and leave even when I was in my hospital gown. Just grin and bear it and get to the other side of the process--recovery.

The days after are painful and a bit scary when you look at your foot. More than once I asked myself what had I done? This will all pass and next summer we will all look wonderful with our pedicure's and beautful straight feet.
Hang in there GG. You will catch up on your sleep post-op...... Linda

Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

Location: Central Coast, California - about 5 minutes from the ocean
Gourmet Gayle HB User

You are totally right on Linda - about the two thoughts at opposite ends of the scope. When I finally went back to bed, I had a awful nightmare - it was all about being in the hospital "after" & looking down at my foot and all I saw was blood. Right out of a horror film ~ and it ws one of those dreams that kept returning in various renditions the rest of the time I slept.
My head is telling me to get lot's of rest so I'll be physically prepared, but my body isn't following direction - I'm totaly hyped with anxiety. Did you ever ask your Doctor about taking something like "Valium" just before? Personally, I think it's going to take a crane to get me through those hospital doors.
Next summer already sounds good -- wish it were June 2006 ((~.~)) GG

Old 06-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

rollargirl HB User

Call your doctor and tell him how anxious you are and ask for something like Valium or Xanex so you can be rested for surgery. I took one of my daughter's Adavan the day before and it did the trick.

Linda

Closed Thread