It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

sweeterthan HB User
Angry Plantar Warts

Does anyone know the best way to get rid of plantar warts?

On my heal I have 3 small plantar warts and a bigger one, all in one area. It started with just the one like 2 years ago and then spread to 3 smaller ones. I tried using several methods to get rid of these nasty buggers including the Compound W freeze off wart remover. I used it twice and it hasn't done anything. The warts don't really bother me unless I apply pressure then they hurt a little. But I am going into my 5th month of pregnancy and I want to get rid of them before they cause problems. I have run out of ideas, I was just going to go to the doctor but I want to see if I can get rid of them myself.

Does anyone have any home or OTC remedies?

If not, what does the doctor do to get rid of them?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

sweeterthan HB User
Re: Plantar Warts

Does anyone have any information on how to get rid of plantar warts for good? Anyone??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #3
(female)

JeanneLynn HB User

I know this is going to sound weird, but it works! Go to the store and get a can of Arrid X spray deodorant (not the regular roll on, it has to be the spray). I bought the yellow can. Two or three times a day, spray the bottoms of your feet with it. Within a week, you will see a dramatic improvement! My son had about 20 warts on his feet and within 2 weeks, all of them were gone and they have not ever returned. This tip was passed on to me by my sister who is an RN. I was really skeptical, but willing to try anything to avoid having the poor kid have to get them burned off. I was amazed when it actually worked! I'm not sure why it works, the only thing I can think of is that it must dry up the oxygen supply to the warts or something like that.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
(female)

sweeterthan HB User

Wow thats interesting! I will definately try it, thanks so much!

Old 08-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Do you think it works with any other brands? I discovered long ago that I'm allergic to arrid (and finding out that you are allergic to a deodorant is not fun...). I've tried everything (acid, duct tape, doctor...) and my warts just keep multiplying. I'm up to 3 on the left and 3 on the right.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #6
(female)

JeanneLynn HB User

I'm not sure if it works with other brands, but it is worth a try. I was specifically told to use Arrid brand spray. I didn't think it would work, but it really did and amazingly well.

Closed Thread