It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
WARTS!!! are the devil

I have warts all over my feet...lots of them. I have tried Compound W. I have tried going to the dermatologist and having them (painfully) lasered off. They still are there. I'm not sure exactly what type they are, they are whitish with darker spots in them, maybe plantar. What can I do?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: WARTS!!! are the devil

keep going back.. my mom had this problem. She had them froze of twice, they kept coming back.. then she had to have them all burned off. You may need to try multiple aggressive treatments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 08:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
Re: WARTS!!! are the devil

Yeah... they are very frustrating. What you have are indeed plantar warts. I've had one that's been with me for 6 or 7 years now. I have gotten rid of three or four over the years with very diligent treatment with the acid, but you have to really stay on it. I've recently had a population explosion, so now I have three on each foot.

Anyway, my home treatment plan, which seems to at least shrink them (and in theory, if they keep shrinking, eventually they'll go away...): I use the over the counter wart acid, but not the stuff that comes in the medicated pads. The stuff that comes in a bottle that you apply with the little wand. You also need a pumice stone or something like that to remove the dead skin every other day or so. The acid kills the skin that you apply it to (and thus the outer surface of the wart), so you need to get rid of that outer layer of dead skin before you apply more acid so that the acid can kill the next layer. And then you just have to repeat every single night (if you miss more than one or two, they will grow back).

My problem is that I get motivated and start going after them and get them to shrink down, but then I lose motivation or get busy and then they get bigger again.

Closed Thread