It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

Gimpy2004 HB User
Looking for a good Dr. in Phoenix

Does any one have a recommendation for a doctor in the Phoenix area. I torn two ligaments in my ankle and broke the 5th metatarsal in two places 17 months ago and I still can't walk. The big issue is that it is an worker comp case and I have not seen a ortho or ped since January 05. I just keep getting more pain meds and told to use my crutches/ankle brace to get around. I haven't even been able to drive since I injured it. The w/c is closing out my case and so I will finally be able to go out on my so I was hoping some one here might know a good doctor that might be able to fix me.

Thanks for Listening,

G-

Old 12-19-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Looking for a good Dr. in Phoenix

Call the Cardinals front office and see who they use for feet...or call the University athletic department. Sounds like you need and artho who just does feet. Hope this helps....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Stanley C. Graves. He did my ankle surgery. I had an old sprain (10 yrs). Went in to see him to get the thing fixed, he messed around with my ankle for a little bit and looked at my x-rays (even used my previous ones, didn't insist on taking his own), then he decided which surgery to do and I pretty much had it booked within the week. Got the surgery less than a month later. He wasn't much for volunteering details, but he was glad to share them when I asked. He even gave me pictures of the arthroscopy part of the surgery, since I asked for them. Surgery went great, recovery went smoothly, all of my calls with questions were returned by the PA within the day. He does his surgeries at a surgery center in the biltmore area, and one of his offices is there, he's also got an office in scottsdale. I was quite satisfied with him. He's got all kinds of "top doc" awards and stuff. I'm pretty sure he only does feet (I didn't ask, but that's the only kind of patient I ever saw in his office).

Old 12-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

Gimpy2004 HB User

Thanks for the responses.

Titchou, I already saw the main doc for the Suns and ASU, who would not take my case because it is w/c. I might try him again in May when I should be on my own.

kehorner, I checked and Dr. Graves is not covered under my insurance, so...thanks for the suggestion.

G-

Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

You could try asking either of those places if they can refer you to any other docs... They will know who the other good ones in their field are.

Closed Thread