It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2005, 01:20 PM   #1
(male)

jgm77055 HB User
ball of foot swelling?

the balls of my feet swell and the bottom of my toes. the only thing that helps is ice packs. the doctor just shrugs it off really they ignore me.
do any of you know anything about this?
is there anything i can soak them in?
it feels like the flesh under the skin on the bottom of the feet is swelled up.
does this sound familier to anyone?
i am going nuts it hurts.
James in houston

Old 01-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #2
(male)

bebop22 HB User
Re: ball of foot swelling?

Perhaps its like I've been having...the toes swell and the very top end of the area before the toes. But nothing else. It gets tingly. Is this like the symptoms?
Charlie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
(female)

Lisa83 HB User

I had some similar feelings going on, of course this was after having 2 metatarsals broken, on crutches, then surgery for something else, then developed what they call Morton's Neuroma. When you would push between the toes, it would about make me jjump off the table. When they gave me shots of novacaine between the toes (they numbed the nerves) gosh, what a difference! I just had the surgery for the neuromas last Friday and am having to deal with imobility. No walking on it for 4 weeks (but after seeing the two incisions yesterday makes me realize why!) and I'm not allowed up for more than 5 minutes every hour, but hopefully this is the answer and I'll be walking norma again, a year later after the break!

I don't know if this is along the right line for you, but the balls of my foot would swell up - more and more as the day went on. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

cind68 HB User

I had bunion surgery(osteotomies) on my right foot Oct 18th and on the left Nov 10 and am still having the exact type of swelling you're describing. It will even look like a pumpnot(sp) right around the ball of each foot. My toes will look like little sausages and be more swollen at the base of each toe as well. It's of course better than it was but if I'm on my feet just standing and thinking I'm on my heels they will swell up in no time and if I do something or like a min ago walked my dogs (ok, the 2 that live with me plus the 2 on the bottom of my body..) a bit ago they will REALLy swell. Just before reading this post even I started to feel just how tight my tennis shoes are and how badly my feet are hurting. I'm going to go ice them now. I say keep icing them for as long as you need to. It certainly makes a difference for me. I still elevate them when they get like this too. The swelling was lasting much much longer than it is now so it's getting better but is still a big problem. Evidently from what I've read it seems to be that way for some people....lucky us?? I think it will go away as like I said it is better and the swelling goes down in less time now but it's going to awhile before it's not there I'm afraid.
take care!
cindy

Closed Thread