It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

cind68 HB User
post bunion surgery footwear help(hopefully)

I wrote another post and had this in it and thinking it might help someone and easily be overlooked in my other NOVEL thought I'd make it a new thread. I hope it helps!! cindy

oh yeah...I did want to mention one thing that's really helped me and probably should put it in a new thread even. I've noticed people asking things like "can I wear the shoes in the shower for support?" and for the first long while I took baths and would keep one foot outside the tub but when I started going to the pool I saw people in what looked like tennis shoes but they were wearing them in the pool. As I was having to hobble back and forth and even while in the pool still be cautious not wanting to accidently put my foot down too hard on the bottom...or even at all!...and not DARE hit the side I wanted some. I asked about them and this may be common knowledge but just in case not: They're called "aquatic tennis shoes." These are not like the old slip on kind that I only knew about. They're like regular tennis shoes but with holes in them for the water to go through. They're also great for the shower as I was using either the tub with the leg out and then once the stitches were out and I needed to get in the shower to wash my hair I would use a shower bench. The brand I got are "Keen." Merrell also makes some that look good as well. They really are wonderful and with the timelength of this really needed...at least for me I know. I think if you just google "aquatic tennis shoes" and maybe a brandname they should come up. ...Just some info that will hopefully help someone else too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread