It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

SairyDairy HB User
Post More Exercises

Hi. I thought I would post some of the toe exercises that my Therapist has given me Since the marble and towel exercises have already been posted by Joll 43 and Coopah ,(thanks ladies) I won't post them again unless someone asks . I have had good luck with the marbles I am curently doing about 20 at home
The towel scrunges are harder The therapist has me doing two at the PT place .I do them after after she does the deep message on my two little toes and it has been hard the the last few times. I couldnt even do the marbles after she rubbed the heck out of my right toe. Iam recovering from double Hammertoe surgery. I think these would be good for bunion recovery too
Toe Exercises
# 1
A Bend ankle upward towards your body as far as possible and extend your toes into the air as best as possible.
B. Hold 3 seconds.
C .Hold--10-20 repetitions 1--2 time per day
A. Bend ankle downward pointing toes away from your body. and bend them as far as possible .
B.Hold 3 seconds
C.10--20 repetitions 1-2 times a day
Personal Note : Sit in chair and keep feet as close to you as you can .I wasn't doing these two right a thome right and therapist corrected me yesterday. Felt much more of a pull after she corrected ( I don't know how these would work sitting on a bed or on a table )
A Move your ankle arround slowly in a large circle to keep up the range of motion
B Repeat in opposite direction, then do the other foot.
C 20 repetition 1--2 times a day
3 Do the Marbles 5--10 repetitions once a day Start with what ever you feel is comfortable and work up to 30
4 Towel Scrunge
A Keep the whole foot flat on the floor and place a towel underneath your foot
B Scrunge the towel with your foot
C do this a 1-2 times a day more if you can tolerate i
I'll post the ankle exercse I have soon as my CarpalTunnel is a bit better Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread