Hi All I thought I would post these ankle exercises today .I guess these would cover a number fo condtions .They were given to me for my Tendonitis and they told me the strenghen your ankles,muscles ?and tendons .
For these you will need one of those stetchy Therabands at least five feet long and something heavy enough to tiethe band to (A sheet will also do for some of the exercises.)I
If you don't have anything heavy enough or can't get down on the floor(as I cannot) ,sit in a chair or on a heavy table and get the closest available, patient human you can find to hold the bands for you.
Iwould recommend checking with your doctor to see if you are far enough along in your recovery to do these exercises and if they are indicated for you.
A .Ankle Exercises
1. Sit on floor,or bed with band or towel/sheet l arround foot (about midfoot)
2 Pull top of foot towards your body so that you feel a stretch
3. Hold 15 econds
4. 2-- Repetitions,twice a day .
B Do t he Towel Scrunge Joll 48 already posted this earlier posted and I reposted mine yesterday
1. Tie one end of your band or towel/sheet to a solid object and the other end to your foot (just behind toes ) . Please remember, if you don't have anything to tie it to sit in a chair or a bed and have someone hold the band for you .
2 Pull foot towards yourself slowly.
3. Hold 2 seconds
4. 15 repetitions 2x times a day
1. Lie on back with band anchored to a solid object (or sit in chair with partner facing you holding the band/towel) Tie other end of band to your foot
2 If lying on back bend opposite knee to stablize your the leg with the band
3.Turn your foot inward and pull,
4. Repeat with opposite foot
5. 15 repetitions 2 times a day.
6 Then do same exercise AGAIN but PULL OUTWARD this time .same number of times
Hope these will help someone Rose