It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
(female)

MotherTeresa HB User
I think my foot is broken?

I dropped a very larged heavy oversized solid glass mug(i think it weighs like 3 pounds) on my foot about 3 hours ago, it swelled immediately and turned blue, I cried it hurt so bad, the swelling has gone down some but it's still blue and very painful to the touch. My pinky toe won't bend like my other toes an it feels a little numb, in the center of the bruise is a small pale spot almost white and is slightly hard, it really hurts but is it worth goin to the ER, I'm not sure if it's broke or fractured or just a severe bruise? Thanks for any feed back please.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: I think my foot is broken?

[QUOTE=MotherTeresa]I dropped a very larged heavy oversized solid glass mug(i think it weighs like 3 pounds) on my foot about 3 hours ago, it swelled immediately and turned blue, I cried it hurt so bad, the swelling has gone down some but it's still blue and very painful to the touch. My pinky toe won't bend like my other toes an it feels a little numb, in the center of the bruise is a small pale spot almost white and is slightly hard, it really hurts but is it worth goin to the ER, I'm not sure if it's broke or fractured or just a severe bruise? Thanks for any feed back please.[/QUOTE]

It's difficult to diagnose a fracture over the internet. If your foot is that misshapen and hurts that badly, you really ought to see a doctor and have an xray. If you don't see a doctor and your foot is broken, it may heal improperly, which could affect your bone structure (and walking, supporting your body, etc).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
(male)

eDeal HB User

Feet are extremely important to your overall health (back pain, headaches, knee pain etc can result with feet issues) so go to the ER or Urgent care center and have it looked at asap. Broken bones have to heal, and you want them to heal properly, or you will have life-long trouble.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB Usercookiepls HB User

The fact that your foot is blue means that the blood flow has been restricted. Get someone to drive you to the ER. Even if it's not broken, you've got to have blood flow to the vessels or you risk losing your foot.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
(female)

jdm1 HB User

Yes, please get in checked out. I had a misdiagnosed fracture that caused me to have four surgeries to finally get it fixed. You need your feet, so it is definitly worth checking out. However, it was the ER dr, that misdiagnosed me. You might want to start there, nut then see either a podiatrist or an ortho surgeon who specializes in feet and ankles.

jdm1

Old 02-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #6
(female)

MotherTeresa HB User
Thumbs up Re: I think my foot is broken?

well i did not go to the ER i just put my foot up... i read that if it's truely broken then it would only hurt worse and not fell better but it finally feels better today still really blue and bruised but all the swelling is out and my pinky toe is moving again... if it gets hurting like when it first happened i would consider goin to see a doc but for now it's not worth a bill...lol... it did hurt like an S.O.B. though, thanks to all who replied, !!i thinks i'm gonna live!! praise the lord

Old 02-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #7
(male)

jaboop35 HB User

most likely if it was broken you defintely would not be able to put any weight on it whatsoever. might not hurt to still get it checked out, especially if it starts to get sore again.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB Usercookiepls HB User

Well, MT, you're way more brave than me. LOL My feet are so messed up anyway from working for years carrying heavy parts at an auto dealership. The floors were concrete and it was 10 hours a day. I'm paying for it now.

Hopefully, it's just a lot of bruising. Are you able to put any weight on it at all?

Old 02-25-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
(male)

eDeal HB User

I wouldn't take a lesson from this though. I have a permantently crooked finger because i didn't go to the doctor when I took a screaming line drive off of it during a softball game. (The ball was to fast to get my glove hand over, so I bare handed it and managed have it nail me dead on the tip of my finger. I still picked it up and threw the runner out.) Shortly after, I could not even bare the pain of having my hand at my side. I didn't have it looked at for 3-4 days.

Closed Thread