It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
(male)

SJC23 HB User
Pain on top of foot and ankle

Around a year ago I woke up with an extreme pain on the bottom of my right foot. I couldn't put any weight on it at all. After a couple of days and dealing with throbbing pain I went to see my doctor. I was diagnoised with plantar fasciitis and was told to take ibuprofen and had a couple of treatments with a physical therapist. After a couple days it felt better.

A couple of times since I had similar pain in both of my feet and in a couple of days it again went away.

Last week I began to feel pain in my right foot again while I was walking and doing normal daily activities. The next morning when I awoke it was very painful and again I couldn't put any weight on my foot. This time, however, the pain did not seem to be coming from the bottom of my foot. Rather this time it seemed to be coming from around where my leg and ankle connect and throbbing into the top right side of the foot (right foot). I began use of ibuprofen and I started putting ice packs around the area. A couple of days later it was still hurting, almost as bad as it began. It feels like there is a lot of pressure there and really hurts bad when standing. I also eventually started getting a pain in my left foot as well, right around where there seems to be some sort of tendon on the top of the foot going from the left/ankle area to the top of the foot. It is a sharp pain when weight is put on it in a certain matter.

I am able to hobble around on crutches but this doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's been almost a week now. The pain on the top of my right foot seems to be inconsistant with the descriptions of plantar fasciitis. Are there any other conditions that could cause this kind of pain on the top, right side of the right foot? I've noticed that in the past sometimes my feet will feel like something isn't in the proper place and moving my ankle around in a circular fashion seems to relieve that feeling. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Pain on top of foot and ankle

Sounds like it could be a tendon problem - you need to see a foot doc- podatrist or othopedic surgeon.

Closed Thread