It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

seashell1 HB User
Cyst on toe?

Have you ever had one? I just saw my Dr. for a regular visit and she told me I had a cyst on my toe, I thought it was just a hammertoe bump. Do you have any information about this? What can be done for it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
(female)

cind68 HB User
Re: Cyst on toe?

on my toe?...no. I had a cyst on the side of my foot once though. Right below that bone below your ankle. (forgot the name of it??) ...anyway, it was about the size of a pingpong ball. Was really weird..REALLY weird. It would cause shooting pains up my leg(evidently hitting a nerve.) Guess I never looked at my feet much at the time but also think it got worse as the day went on....bigger in size I mean. I was working 12 or more hours/day standing on my feet at the time and knew that foot was hurting and the leg shooting pains but was too busy all day to ever notice it. Then one day a lady who worked w/me saw it and kinda freaked. I went to the doc who just drained it. It kept coming back and since I was working in pharmacy at the time why pay him 100bucks to drain it when I could just do it myself. Did that til I had time to go see another doc. Went to an orthopedist and it was removed with just outpatient surgery and was no big deal.
Wish I could tell you more on the toe specifically but that's as close as I can get.
good luck!
cindy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread